Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Leslie speed control on Roland 700sx

zoomer

Does anyone know how to obtain variable and incremental speed control for the Leslie rotation on a Roland 700sx? On mine, the "control" knob rotates from about 5 o'clock to about 7 o'clock, but it only functions as a toggle for the Leslie speed. Settings less than 12 o'clock provide a slow rotation; settings after 12 provide a fast rotation. Is there any way of modifying it so it functions more like a rheostat, with multiple speeds from slow to fast? Thanks for any help.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's not what a leslie does! I don't know if it can be done on that keyboard but I doubt it. A leslie is 3 speeds at most- stop, slow and fast.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Thanks for the info. I was in a music store a while back fooling around with a Casio w3500 (think thats the right number), and the thing had a wheel that adjusts the speed of the B-3 imitation organ Leslie, so I thought that the speed was variable. Then I was playing a gig, and a guitar player asked if I could adjust the speed of the rotation on my 700sx. But, as you say, the real deal does not adjust. Thanks again.

Archived