Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Green Eyed Lady?

Nu2Keys

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually bought that album. I might even still have it. (When I got rid of my vinyl, I kept anything I didn't think would be available on CD, as well as a couple Mobile Fidelity half-speed masters of course.)

I never listened to it much, though -- didn't care for the rest of the album. I wonder what I'd think of it now? My tastes have certainly changed.

In any case, I'm sure it's available on a number of compilations -- for example Time/Life's series of hits.

To find it, try looking at the http://allmusic.com website. The very best discography site I've seen.

Originally posted by Is There Gas in the Car?:

Originally posted by burningbusch:

Did this song, the 45 version, ever make it to CD? I checked Real Rhapsody and iTunes for Sugarloaf but didn't find anything.

Busch.

Ummmmmmmm... try searching for Jerry Corbetta - the keyboard player.
Yeah, you'll get the song but it's not the original organ solo.

Busch.

Originally posted by burningbusch:

Yeah, you'll get the song but it's not the original organ solo.

Busch.

I know the opening lick of the solo is the same on both long and short versions. I was pretty sure the single-edit was simply an edit of the long version.

...actually, dudes there was a third Sugarloaf tune-released as a follow-up to Green-Eyed Lady; Tongue-In-Cheek.

It used the same Hammond sound as Green-Eyed Lady, and yes-there's another hot Jerry Corbetta solo...

We will not waiver; we will not tire; we will not falter; and we will not fail!

George W. Bush

Archived