Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

CME UF midi controllers

EscapeRocks

Hi gang.

Was wondering if there's been a general concensus about these keyboards.

I've been reading the literature about them, and I really like what I see in the 61 key version.

I've been looking for something that gives me better midi control in my love rig.

Currently I use a Yamaha S08 and my very old original Korg DW8000. In the rack I have

a Emu Vintage Keys Pro, and a EMu B3 module.

The old Korg really gives no control over the rack modules other than playing the notes.

I want to retire the old from the live rig before it dies on me.

Unfortunately, there's anot a music store anywhere near me that has a CME keyboard to play on.

Would it make a good controller given my current rack modules?

Thanks in advance as always.

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heh, I was about to bring up the CME controllers again, as they have been out for awhile now.

So it would seem that an Radium or Evolution from M-Audio would be a better choice for a cheap controller?

Also, not to thread hijack, but do you know any good places to find patches for the 8000?

i just downloaded the manual from CME.

The not having a patch memory is a bit disconcerting. I'd like to be able to call up a patch for a song, and have it send the proper bank and program changes to my rack.

Perhaps one of the M-Audio units would be better.

As far as dw or ex 8000 patches, KidNepro, who advertises in Keyboard has some good stuff. I've also seen some patch libraries for sael on that aUction site ;)

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

Archived