Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Finally got my Kurzweil back!

Botch.

My PC-88MX went into the shop with a broken keybed about, um, five or six months ago. One great gentleman from Kurz (can't recall his name) alerted us that four shipments of parts were finally released from Italya couple weeks ago. Well, I finally got my heavy baby back today, woohoo! I was also pleasantly surprised that the entire repair was only $263, I was expecting it to be a lot more. Now I'm gonna have to build my fingers back up, I've been hammering piano parts out on my Yammie EX-5 for the last five months, my fingers are all soft and weak. ;)

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Botch, I'm glad the PC-88 finally got back in your hands. That's a long time to be without an instrument. Hopefully, it's working well.

Every pianist needs a weighted keyboard to play piano parts. The PC-88 is fine. I like the action on my PC2X. It's not perfect. None of them are. But, I can lose myself in it because it doesn't make me think too much about its synthetic properties.

I tried for years playing piano parts on a K2000 when I was with Moment's Notice (jazz). It was very unnatural and I just couldn't improvise like I can on a weighted keyboard. The fact that the feeling is all wrong just screws everything up for me.

Like everyone else on this forum, I'd love to see a 76-key instrument with keys that are truly weighted. Until then, I'd rather carry around my PC2X than to go back to something less.

Take care,

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Archived