Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Roland RD700sx connected to Kurzweil PC88 Question

zoomer

I have a Kurzweil PC88 and a Roland RD700sx. I want to use the Roland as a stage piano in piano mode, and the Kurzweil hooked up to it, with my wife playing chords, using the tonewheel organ sounds of the Roland.

Is this possible? In other words, the Kurzweil is simply a controller for the Roland organ sounds, and the Roland keyboard is used as a piano, all done simultaneously.

I am not good at technical stuff like this, so any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Paul.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have just checked the RD 700 SX owner's manual and I doubt that such a thing would be possible. The biggest problem is that -to do what you want to do- you need to use the Roland in multitimbral mode, assigning the piano sound to one midi channel and the organ sound to another midi channel, but an instrument like a digital piano has limited possibilites, from this point of view.

I am quite sure that it would be a lot easier the other way round (i.e. playing the Kurzweil from the Roland), because a keyboard like the PC88 offers without a doubt more flexibility, when used in multitimbral mode.

Korg PA3X Pro 76 and Kronos 61, Roland G-70, Integra 7 and BK7-m, Casio PX-5S, Fender Stratocaster with Fralin pickups, Fender Stratocaster with Kinman pickups, 1965 Gibson SG Standard

Archived