Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Keith Emerson Anthology CD !

tarkus

Hammer It Out - The Anthology. Coming in mid-May.

Not to be confused with TV's "Antique Road Show", I'm pleased to announce Sanctuary Records' release of my latest album "Hammer It Out - The Anthology". It's a 2 CD, 30 track collection of both solo and group material covering The Nice and E.L.P. Although the track listing says there are 3 previously unreleased tracks there are in fact 4 (An added bonus for the connoisseur collector).

It will only be available in stores of certain territories but autographed copies will be available, worldwide, from my online store at $35 once the CD has been released.

http://www.keithemerson.com/

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tracks of note

Up The Elephant and Around The Castle (ELP) :freak:

Lumpy Gravy (The Nice) :thu:

The Loco-motion (ELPowell) (I always liked this version - elements of Honnegar)

Piano Concerto No. 1 - 4th Movement - Rock Version (KE) :eek::cool:

Originally posted by Gulliver:

So, the man "writes" only anthologies and retrospectives these days?

Though I would really love to hear his Piano Concerto in its entirety...

Works - Volume 1
Weasels ripped my flesh. Rzzzzzzz.

I was hoping that Crossing The Rubicon (featured on ELP tour 1998 and no existing commercial recording available) would have been included.

They opened the PNC show with that one.

Keith and Carl had an albums worth of material ready to go but Greg was reluctant to 'produce' lyrics.

Rumor has it - Rubicon was going to be Tarkus for the 21st Century.

Originally posted by tarkus:

Keith and Carl had an albums worth of material ready to go but Greg was reluctant to 'produce' lyrics.

I remember reading somewhere that Emerson asked Trevor Rabin to join ELP... err... sorry, ERP. :freak: (Rabin refused, of course...) I wonder did this happen around that time?
I am back.

Originally posted by Gulliver:

I remember reading somewhere that Emerson asked Trevor Rabin to join ELP... err... sorry, ERP. :freak: (Rabin refused, of course...) I wonder did this happen around that time?
No - that was around 1980 - Rabin joined Yes before Keith could sign him on and Carl was in Asia.

Tracks of note

You mean Frank Zappa's "Lumpy Gravy"? And "Loco-motion" is reminescent of Honegger's "Pacific 231"? And the "Concerto" has a fourth movement, which is not on "Works"?!

Brothers and sisters - all this sounds *very* interesting!! :D

I have another, rather recent Emerson CD; it's called "Changing States" and it's very interesting. Different versions on two or three tunes from "Black Moon", the funky version of "Summertime" which is also on "Emerson plays Emerson", an orchestra+moog version of "Abaddon's Bolero"... I thought it was a bootleg, but I'm told it's legit, published by a small English label. Does it exist in the USA?

I remember reading somewhere that Emerson asked Trevor Rabin to join ELP... err... sorry, ERP.
And apparently Hendrix was asked to join not too long before he died. Add that to the rumors that Hendrix and Miles Davis would record an album together, and man, did we sure miss out on some great music.
A picture may paint a thousand words, but a melody can paint a thousand pictures.

Originally posted by marino:

I have another, rather recent Emerson CD; it's called "Changing States" and it's very interesting. Different versions on two or three tunes from "Black Moon", the funky version of "Summertime" which is also on "Emerson plays Emerson", an orchestra+moog version of "Abaddon's Bolero"... I thought it was a bootleg, but I'm told it's legit, published by a small English label. Does it exist in the USA?

That's the CD I would like to get too!
I am back.

I purchased Emerson plays Emerson thru Amazon

That CD is not distributed in traditional retail record stores from my shopping experience in the US

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

Originally posted by LithoJazzoSphere:

apparently Hendrix was asked to join not too long before he died.

I asked Keith about this once - he said it was true, and that they even tried playing together a few times, but it was just too busy. I can believe that... ;)

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

I have it - bought it here in the USA around '97 at a Best Buy. Almost choked when I saw it - I was in the midst of my obligatory "I know there's nothing new but I'm going to check anyway" flipping through the ELP section. I don't think its commercially available anymore.
Weasels ripped my flesh. Rzzzzzzz.

Tracks of note

You mean Frank Zappa's "Lumpy Gravy"? And "Loco-motion" is reminescent of Honegger's "Pacific 231"? And the "Concerto" has a fourth movement, which is not on "Works"?!

Brothers and sisters - all this sounds *very* interesting!! :D

Yes FZ's Lumpy Gravy - not the whole thing; it's currently available on a Nice BBC compilation.

Loco-motion by Little Eva (C'mon baby do the Loco-motion) was a B-side on an ELPowell 45 (remember 45's?).

I hear it once and you definitely hear Pacific 231 'chugging along', should have been featured on the album.

Changing States is no longer commercially available but its floating around collector's circles.

Yes FZ's Lumpy Gravy - not the whole thing; it's currently available on a Nice BBC compilation.

A Nice BBC compilation? God, am I ignorant or what... How is it called? Is it available commercially?

Loco-motion by Little Eva (C'mon baby do the Loco-motion) was a B-side on an ELPowell 45 (remember 45's?).

Oh... *that* Loco-motion! I can imagine ELPowell doing that. BTW, I'm 45, so I do remember 45s... :D

I hear it once and you definitely hear Pacific 231 'chugging along', should have been featured on the album.

Yum!

Changing States is no longer commercially available but its floating around collector's circles.

Thanks a lot for the info! :thu:

Archived