Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Fusion over Nord

part1sts

For a while I had been considering a Nord Lead 3. With the announcement of the Fusion and the speculation that its synth engine is more powerful than the Ion's and it compares to that of a Nord, Is there any reason why I would not be better off for pretty much the same price get a fusion and have all the extra features it offers. In that case, why should I pick any synth at all if the fusions synthesizer is supposed to be so great.
Together we stand, Divided we fall.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with you. why settle on the NL3 or Ion, when you can have the latest greatest wizz bang keyboard with state of the art techno gadgetry. It'll be the latest and greatest, until something new comes out the following day.

I'm being sarcastic, but serious. If possible, audition them. Every keyboard sounds amazing on paper.

Originally posted by Infusion:

If possible, audition them. Every keyboard sounds amazing on paper.

:thu:

My five reasons to buy a keyboard:

1) The sound

2) The sound

3) The sound

4) The feel of the keys

5) The sound

Same applies to a rack/tabletop instrument, except substitute "The sound" for #4. ;):D

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

My top 5 reasons to buy an instrument

1) The sound

2) The feel

3) The look

4) The amount of girls im going to get playing it live

5) The amount of those girls' moms I might be able to meet after getting them.

Together we stand, Divided we fall.

Originally posted by part1sts:

My top 5 reasons to buy an instrument

1) The sound

2) The feel

3) The look

4) The amount of girls im going to get playing it live

5) The amount of those girls' moms I might be able to meet after getting them.

Hmmmm...I may have to amend my list... :D

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Originally posted by Synthoid:

Has anyone played the Fusion? It hasn't shown up here yet.....

It's not shipping.

dB

I have pictures and specs I found on an underground web site! :evil:;)

http://www.tweakheadz.com/images/fusion.gif

For Perverse Underground web site specs, CLONK HERE!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :evil:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

According to the article in Keyboard mag a couple of issues back disk-streaming was on the drawing board but required further research and whether it will be possible to implement it or not remained an open question.

I gather it's due for release around July.

Gig keys: Hammond SKpro, Korg Vox Continental, Crumar Mojo 61, Crumar Mojo Pedals

Originally posted by part1sts:

guitarists arent the only musicians who get women...

:rolleyes:

Note to part1sts: when someone posts something, followed (or preceded) by one or more smileys such as these:

;):P:cool:

It's usually a reasonable assumption that the person is being facetious , sarcastic , or otherwise making a joke .

See, now the above would qualify as sarcasm, but is not to be taken seriously, merely to incite a chuckle out of people, and alleviate their daily tedium. Here's the clue that this is me being facetious. Ready? Here it comes...

;):P:wave:

Cheers,

SG

yep, Fusion is still paperware, altough very promising, we're yet to see (and hear) if it is all that it claims to be. i'm eager to hear its FM capabilities, and to find out if its possible to run its PCM or FM thru, for example, ION style multimode VA filter. that'd be so cool if combining synthesis methods is possible within a single voice.

in the meantime, i cannot escape the fact how NL3 is one beautifully designed instrument with fantastic UI, and otoh you have Fusion thats almost suprisingly fugly. must admit I have ongoing secret GAS for NL3, even though it would be kinda redundant for me to get it, considering my existing setup. it does have specific sound - ok some digital ring to it, but very musical. oh did i mention it's gorgeous.. :D

http://www.babic.com - music for film/theatre, audio-post

Originally posted by clusterchord:

in the meantime, i cannot escape the fact how NL3 is one beautifully designed instrument with fantastic UI, and otoh you have Fusion thats almost suprisingly fugly. must admit I have ongoing secret GAS for NL3, even though it would be kinda redundant for me to get it, considering my existing setup. it does have specific sound - ok some digital ring to it, but very musical. oh did i mention it's gorgeous.. :D

I thought so to, until I played one. The keybed is absolute shite. The worst on any high end board I've ever tried.

Recommended gas cure: try one at your nearest music retail outlet.

Known side effect: you may be left with gas for the rack version.

No full cure known.

Gig keys: Hammond SKpro, Korg Vox Continental, Crumar Mojo 61, Crumar Mojo Pedals

Originally posted by Botch.:

It does appear in the new Sweetwater catalog, so hopefully it'll be shipping soon.

Based on some discussions with some people over at Alesis, I'd be surprised if it shipped before June.

Sound aside, I hope it doesn't have the same interface as the QS8.

Archived