Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Casio and Hammond parts questions

bluesdisciple

Hello all again,

I was a consistent lurker and poster years ago and thought I'd come back to the well. I have two questions that I am sure you can help me with:

1. Does anyone have any opinions and/or experience with the Casio WK3000 or WK3500 keyboards? I am looking for a good keyboard to use with a Contemporary Christian band and to use for a solo show. As this decent sounds and capability to write and record songs, it seems good to me, but am wary of purchasing Casio (which tends to be non-professional "toy" type keyboards (at least to me---in the past). Has the company changed, or is it trying to change? Any thoughts?

2. Also, I have a 1956 Hammond C3 with a Leslie 122. With moving and such the toggle switches for the Leslie have broken off. I have taken the assembly apart and have trekked down to the local Radio Shack in search of new ones, only to be told they have never seen that type of switch before. UGHH. The switch itself is about 1.5 inches long composed of a rectangular frame of two long sides. The switch is on one side and the space between the sides of the frame is open. A small plate to which the connection wires are soldered too screw onto the back plates of the switch. Does this type of switch sound familiar to anyone? And does anyone know where I can find similar switches to replace these?

As always, any help would be greatly appreciated.

BD

1956 Hammond C3 with Leslie 122, Roland V-Combo, Trek II Preamp, Peavey KB 100, 1976 Natural Maple Rickenbacker 4001S bass

And yes folks, I do gig with a Casio WK 3700...So there!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RE: the casios...

Casio definitely aim their market at the family and kids, so they're great value for money but really not professional gear...

Having said that, if you've got a price you're keeping to they might be the best thing around. For their price, the piano sound and simple Hammond emulation are pretty good IMO; these boards also offer some attempts at professional features like a basic sequencer and synth engine. You'd definitely want the 3500 coz it's got stereo audio outputs...

I don't really know what these are selling for where u r, but personally i would look for something second hand, slightly older but more professional. Is the sequencer important to you? The casio ones are pretty limited... Also, what sounds are you mostly after? Do you mind the feel of the 'synth style' keys?

Off the top of my head you might want to look at some older Alesis or Roland boards...

Where are the Snowdens of yesteryear?

Archived