Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

starting out

BlueZet

okay, so here's the deal - I'm a longtime guitar player and just bought a keyboard (Roland E-70) as a start for a "home studio" where I can make some demo's.

I can probably do all I want using sequencing software and editing in/out whatever notes are missing/redundant :rolleyes: - mostly I'll just need a drumpart, bass and maybe some organ.

BUT since I got this great piece of gear anyway, I figured I might as well learn to play some as well, you know, just in case I happen to be somewhere without my guitar, but there's a piano or keyboard and I feel like singing a song or two.

any tips from you guys would be greatly appreciated! :)

- due to recent cutbacks, the light at the end of the tunnel has been SWITCHED OFF

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a guy I've seen on PBS here who has an instructional method that's supposed to get you up and running quickly - it's ear and theory based, so should be especially comfy for someone who already knows another instrument.

IIRC, he goes by the handle "The Piano Guy". I've seen a couple of his videos - it was like he was giving away all my secrets, LOL. Heavy emphasis on fake, which to my mind is a good thing.

Good luck,

Daf

I played in an 8 piece horn band. We would often get bored. So...three words:

"Tower of Polka." - Calumet

hey, now THAT should be easy for me, I've been faking the guitar for 30+ years, so I already now THAT part :D

thx for the info Daf!

- due to recent cutbacks, the light at the end of the tunnel has been SWITCHED OFF

Archived