Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Roland XV-5080 vs. Fantom XR

g05

i want a new roland rompler. just wanted to get any advice or opinions on these 2 modules. i already have a JD-990 & a JV-2080. is it much of a step up, if i buy an XV-5080? do the sounds from the XV series even compare to the Fantom series? thanks for your time!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i definitely prefer the Fantom XR sounds & features (USB) over the XV pallette. IMO, the Fantom soundset is fresher. I think you can convert XV performances into the Fantom, too

The 5080 is considered a standard in most studios. There might be a few folks on the 5080/XV Yahoo mailing list you can talk to

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

I was recently researching this topic as I stumbled across a good deal on an XV5080. I found this thread that was quite helpful:

Roland XV & XR info

I held off on buying anything as I think the Motif ES Rack may meet my rack mount needs, though it does not have sampling like these Rolands.

Regards,

Eric

Originally posted by eric:

I was recently researching this topic as I stumbled across a good deal on an XV5080. I found this thread that was quite helpful:

Roland XV & XR info

I held off on buying anything as I think the Motif ES Rack may meet my rack mount needs, though it does not have sampling like these Rolands.

Regards,

Eric

i'm definitely going to get a Motif ES rack too. wanted to get a Roland rompler & the Triton rack first though. thanks for this link.

Archived