Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

M-Audio Prokeys 88???

Rdub

M-Audio Prokeys 88?

I heard this mentioned on another forum as being on display at NAMM, supposedly a hammer action stage piano with 14 different instrument sounds and a 64mb sample rom with a street price of only $599!

Its listed on the sweetwater site but no picture is given and there is very little information about it available anywhere.

So, does anyone know anything about it? First and foremost is the keybed the same as in the keystation pro88? I would be really interested if it were an improvement over the keystation as i've tried it and was'nt impressed by the action. If the actions good and it has a good triple layer main piano sound i would be really tempted by this thing were it to actually show up at retail...

Anyway, if you know anything, post it here.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Rdub:

I would be really interested if it were an improvement over the keystation

So would I. Before you buy it, I'd wait to see if any reliability problems arise, and be sure to test the velocity curves to check for any anomalies. At $599 it could make a nice low-cost controller, but I wouldn't hold out much hope for the piano sample.

been in contact with m-audio after reading another thread on this forum about the problems with the m-audio that got shut down which Jebus was involved with and led me to a lot of concernes about this keyboard, yet it is in my price range and should meet my needs.

I was really impressed with there fast response, they said that the following changes have been made - the key bounce has been improved by adding an extra spring on each key so that they bounce back much faster and have new improved velocity curves and raised the keys to satisfy all those who weren't happy with the 'low' black keys.

So they are listening and responding to users needs - which I think is excellent.

Best wishes luke

They've always had great customer service, in my opinion. My only concern is that I've had to call them quite a bit.

Anyway, I got to see it but not touch it. There was a Latin piano player just burning on the thing for the whole time I was looking it over. It sounded OK, but it was difficult to judge on the floor of NAMM

"For instance" is not proof.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's some new info i found of an online retailers site:

M-Audio ProKeys 88

The M-Audio ProKeys 88 is the premium digital stage piano that doubles as a great MIDI controller.

M-Audio ProKeys 88 gives you a lot more sound bank memory than even the closest competitor, loaded with larger, more realistic samples14 world-class instruments in all, including split/layer capabilities. We paired those great sounds with an 88-key graded hammer-action keyboard, delivering a realistic feel to satisfy the most demanding pro. The M-Audio ProKeys 88 is also a great master controller keyboard, including a built-in USB MIDI interface for easy direct connection to your PC or Mac, MIDI In and Out jacks to communicate with other MIDI gear, pitch and modulation wheels, sequencer controls and more. M-Audio ProKeys 88 pulls out all the stops in creating the ultimate playing experience in an affordable digital stage piano.

M-Audio ProKeys 88 Features

> 88-key graded hammer-action keyboard

> large 64MB sound bank with 14 world-class instruments

> stunning stereo grand piano samples with 3 velocity layers

> 64-note polyphony with single, split and layer modes

> pitch and modulation wheels plus three pedal inputs

> 3 reverb spaces plus chorus, rotary, tremolo and 2-stage equalizer

> dedicated volume faders for master, layer and split

> 3 velocity curves plus fixed velocity to optimize feel

> built-in USB MIDI interface with MIDI In/Out jacks

> headphone and ¼ stereo outs

Package Dimensions: 58"(L) x 16"(W) x 8.75"(H)

148 X 41 X 22cm

Keyboard Dimensions: 56.25"(L) x 16"(W) x 8"(H)

148 x 41 x 22 cm

Weight: unit alone: 47 lbs. (21.36 kg)

w/package 57 lbs. (26 kg)

M-Audio ProKeys 88 Minimum System Requirements

M-Audio ProKeys 88 PC Requirements:

Windows 2000 or XP

M-Audio ProKeys 88 MAC Requirements:

OSX 10.2.2

The picture is now up on Sweetwater and it doesn't look like it has near as many sliders, buttons and knobs as the Keystation Pro 88. I was really looking more for the controls than the sounds myself. Sonic Reality did the piano sample for it and I know that will be good, too bad it doesn't have more controls. Does anyone know if the issues mentioned in other posts about the Keystation 88 Pro have been addressed and taken care of? Just curious. Here's the pic!

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ProKeys88/

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

Hmmm...that looks pretty good. I like the space on the left and right side, can put my metronome on top, and maybe if Ipick up a Micron I could plop it on there too.

I do hope they solved the problems. It would be a pretty stupid thing to do NOT to, especially in this internet age where word gets around pretty quickly. But this keybrd looks really good, it might even make me pick up Ivory, use that for live, and have the internal piano sounds in this thing as a backup (since Ivory is still a tiny bit of a risk live being on a computer).

Is it shipping?

Raul

Not sure about shipping or availability. I have not contacted them about this model as I am more interested in the Keystation 88 Pro if they've got the bugs worked out!

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

Archived