Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

MS-20 external input

bg

I'm curious about the Korg MS-20 External Signal Processor. I've never played one, but I understand that you could plug a mic into the External Signal Processor and it would convert frequency to control voltage. So instead of the keyboard, a mic signal, for example, could control the osc's. There's a close-up of it here.

Questions:

Was there a delay using the F-V converter?

Can you direct me to any recorded examples using it?

Is this how Todd Rundgren gets the lead sound on "The Spark Of Life"? I realize it's probably a VCS3, but is this an example of oscillators being controlled by frequency to voltage conversion?

Thanks for any insight.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It will work but the outcome is very unpredictable. I tried a microphone and electric guitar, by my MS20 never could produce the right pitch when I used the external input processor.
:keys: My Music:thx: I always wondered what happened after the fade out?

Very interesting, Pim. When using guitar for input, was the scale off? For example, playing a note on the guitar would make the osc. sound some note. If you then played another note on the guitar an octave up, say, would the osc. go up an octave too? Or was the scale off? Did the CV Adjust knob address this behavior?

Archived