Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NAMM folk: any news on the Virus TI?

Jeebus

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i liked them. they are still a work in process though and some of the functions were disabled. my first experience with them was not good, locking up, stuck sounds, etc... the next day they seemed to be working better. the polar looks (and sounds) GREAT!.

I spent a cool half-hour getting the story from Mr.Copland himself on Saturday. He showed me a whole bunch of new stuff that blew me away. I can't remember everything he told me, but the new sync and wavetable stuff along with the LFO's ALONE produced absolutely wonderful new sounds that morphed and filtered themselves, all with the main filters and VCA's wide open. He showed me how, sync'ing with the wavetables, you can effectively have 32 "oscillators" on just one note - it sounded like a whole new thing to me - I don't think the Virus C can do what the new TI will do at all. Also, the new more powerful dual DSP processors give tons more polyphony than you'll ever need. IMO, when they have the operating system finalized and the boyz have worked their magic on the some new patches, this will be another "must have" piece of gear (in addition to Dave Smith's Evolver Keyboard!). Should be shipping in (quote) 45 days.....so expect it around April.

Cheers,

:DTR

Undoubtedly, northfork will be along to remind us that this is just repackaged technology, and there were no Flaming Lips tunes in the demos so they all munched. ;)

Come on now, people, I can't take another "must have" synth. I'm trying to save up for a Karma and... something this year. But ONE something, if I can help it. :D

This keyboard solo has obviously been tampered with!

Archived