Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Do you have to use the Klipsch brand stand with there speakers?

theplayer

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if you're into welding, you could modify any solid music stand to support them. They're not very heavy! But no aluminum fly by night stand, please, they'll be rattling and buzzing all night. Those generic telescopic speaker stands (that you may be considering) are for mounting regular PA boxes with their built in hole. I'm having a hard time with the language.

I ordered the stands from the 'local' dealer. One simple screw. Done. :)

Are you still going with the 5.1's?

Christmas Cheer to everyone out there. Why am i sitting at the computer?!

"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

just curious, have you found a local dealer that stocks the speakers, or do you have to order online? Your dealer should be able to place the order for the stands.

I'd stick with Klipsch stands if I were you. Less hassle, for the same price basically.

I'm back again. :D Listen, there are no shortcuts to a setup that will give you years of pleasure. You have a quality board, but it doesn't matter if you can't get comfortable playing it. You need a good stand for your keyboard, you need a height adjustable bench (since every stand out there puts your piano about 2" too high) and you need good stands for your speakers. Fortunately, all of these items are available!

But i'm curious if you're going to be taking your gear on the road, or staying put? If you're studio-bound, why not just set your speakers on shelves? Or are you still going with the 5.1's? In that case yes, I can see you need stands.

i'll leave you alone now. Sorry for all the posts!

I got a double X stand, it supports the board good with very little bounce. Were the board is now, I really need the stands. Although, I am considering placing them on the ground, angling up at me. That should sound about as good. There are local dealers that stock them, but I always seem to find better prices ordering them. By the way, the board is awesome.

Originally posted by theplayer:

I got a double X stand, it supports the board good with very little bounce. Were the board is now, I really need the stands. Although, I am considering placing them on the ground, angling up at me. That should sound about as good. There are local dealers that stock them, but I always seem to find better prices ordering them. By the way, the board is awesome.

I tried experimenting with the speakers under the keyboard, just for fun. Trying to recreate that feeling of a soundboard. You can put them just about anywhere! but remember they will buzz if they're not completely stable. So, I don't know how you'd angle them on the floor. They'd have to be bolted onto some kind of wedge. Again, sounds like work to me. Buy the Klipsch stands and be done with it. ;)

Archived