Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What have you picked up on iTunes lately?

RABid

Started poking around iTunes during my lunch hour looking for songs form another thread. It is only the second time I purchased from there. I picked up

Muse: Hysteria and Time is Running Out

Moby: We Are All Made of Stars, Electricity, and Heaven

Ozomatli: Saturday Night (from another thread on SSS)

Kelly Clarkson: Breakaway (ok. stop laughing)

Clay Aiken: Solitaire (I said stop laughing)

Bill Cosby: Himself albume (ok, now you can laugh)

I would never even think about buying the entire CD for most of these. Browsing the comedy section while there was fun and the Cosby collection was cheap.

So what are others getting at iTunes?

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most recently, I downloaded a bunch of Morcheeba and Massive Attack tunes. I'm a big fan of iTunes' Electronic music section. I like to make my own "best of" CDs by auditioning and downloading various tunes across a number of albums rather than downloading complete albums. :cool:

Now, I just wish there was a way to hook up my iPod to both my work PC and my home Mac, so that I could have the tunes be in both locations without having to burn and rip CDs. :(

"I don't know anything about music. In my line, you don't have to."

-Elvis Presley (1935-1977)

I just downloaded Ben Harper's "Diamonds On The Inside" album a couple of days ago. :thu:

I had heard a bit of his stuff on the radio, but this is the first album of his I've listened to. He visits a wide range of styles, which makes it feel less like an "album" and more like an anthology or something. But it's really great stuff. I'll probably get some of his earlier stuff now -- I like him.

--Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

I wants to get funked up.

My Funk/Jam originals project: http://www.thefunkery.com/

The last thing I got for me was a Audiobook of a Keith Jarrett interview. One from the FreshAir series. Lately, I've been downloading a bunch of old 60's stuff, helping my son choose some classic Beatles and others to perform solo ac. gtr/vox.

Working on a cd for my kids that has all the songs they like to sing along with on the radio or dance to at the house.

Here's a tracklisting so far (had to pick up about 6 of them off iTunes because I didn't already have the CDs) (I put what they call these songs in parentheses):

Moby - Honey (the Holes song)

Coldplay - Clocks (The Peter Pan Song)

Uncle Kraker - Drift Away (Gimme the Beat Boy)

Uncle Kracker - Follow Me

Maroon 5 - This Love

Madonna - Music (Hey Mr. DJ)

Matchbox Twenty - Unwell (I'm Not Crazy)

*NSync - Pop (Ice Around My Neck)

Avril Lavigne - Complicated

Train - Drops of Jupiter

No Secrets - Kids In America (from Jimmy Neutron)

Cars - Shake it Up

Go Go's - We Got The Beat

Linkin Park - In The End

Dido - Thank You

Apollo 440 - Lost In Space (Theme)

Archived