Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Sweetwater GearFest?

Dave Bryce

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to see the free Tower of Power concert

on Friday Night (Thanks, Chuck S. & Robert D.)

And I'll probably head out to the GearFest

on Saturday if I've got no clients booking...

Welcome to the Hoosier State, Mike R...!

Bob Phillips

20to20soundesign

The Tower of Power show should be a blast!!! I have seen them more than 30 times and every time I am knocked out. It is one of the few bands that could get me gigging full time again. I think if they ever offered me a job playing sax, I'd leave Sweetwater in a second.

If any Musicplayer forum member wants to come to the show and you still need tickets, please email me or give me a call. Technically, we are sold out , but I saved a couple of great tickets for "emergencies".

This Friday, 8:00 Fort Wayne, Indiana - Free!!

http://www.sweetwater.com/feature/gearfest2004/

Chuck Surack

President

Sweetwater

Chuck_surack@sweetwater.com

800 222 4700 x 1000

I thought about it and if I had known others from Keyboard Corner would be there I would have signed up. For me it is a 350 mile trip one way but I did it once just to see the place. But as someone already said, if you are trying to avoid GAS this is a bad event to attend. :D

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

I wish I was going. But, we did put up one of the many prizes you can win there. This one was a whole bunch of SR libraries with an IK studio bundle. I bet a lot of people are going to win some cool stuff there.

Plus, with the weather being what it is down here (a little minihurricane seemed to blow through or about 20 minutes today- power outs and fun stuff) if it is nice in Indiana then I am REALLY envious of my friends who are going.

Have fun DB!

Originally posted by mildbill:

any chance there will be any internet deals for the vast majority of people who can't make it?

There will not be any online deals, per se...in fact, most dealer agreements preclude us from advertising pricing as low as it will be at Gearfest (they can't control what we do in person). With that said, we will have sales engineers on the phone this Saturday. If there is something you are looking for please call in and ask for the "Gearfest pricing". I am sure my sales people will be happy to help you.

The other thing that we will be offering is no interest until Sept 2005 if you make a purchase on your Sweewater credit card. This offer WILL be available starting Saturday for about 1 week, both to our local and long distance customers.

Sorry for the commerical..I was just trying to answer mildbill's question.

Thanks

Chuck

Originally posted by Squids:

I wish I was going. But, we did put up one of the many prizes you can win there.

Dave,

I am sorry you are not coming. It is going to be a great event. We have more manufacturers than ever who have committed to being here. There are also more than 3 times the customers preregistered than we ever had before. Yesterday, they put up the tents and they are "friggin" huge. The weather forecast is looking pretty good and Tower of Power is supposed to hit Fort Wayne today.

I can't wait..I am such a gear junkie and I am so looking forward to meeting our customers that I am already really "jazzed". . We have customers coming from all over the country. It is going to be amazing.

Dave, thanks for putting up the Sonic Reality prizes. We will make sure they go to good use.

Chuck

Chuck:

Here's hoping you have time to give us a run down on the event when its over. My Sales Engineer is Robert Dorian; whom I really enjoy working with, and I got an invite to the event. I couldn't go, but an invite is always appreciated. Love those Tootsie Rolls! :D

Cheers,

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Like MikeT156, I got an invite from my engineer also, Paul Rowan. He has been a real asset in helping me design my studio (even though he will probably say he has no idea what I am talking about). Keep up the good work, and hopefully I can come next year (the military called, and I had to answer).

Jay

You couldn't ask for a more detailed review of Sweetwater's 25th Anniversary Celebration & Tower of Power Concert the night before Gearfest than what is posted here (in 3 lenthy parts, no less!). Go to Complete Fort Wayne Review Part I for the first part.

Archived