Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

No Slip Sustain Pedal Mat?

Barton

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roland made a sustain pedal where the mat you speak of would swing out from underneath the pedal and get held in place by your heel.

I don't know if the newly re-designed DP-8 has this feature or not - anyone have one?

I have the Roland Pedal also. Never knew that the rubber mat swung out from underneath to prevent the pedal from sliding until after seeing this topic earlier on this forum. Thanks
Yamis

Originally posted by dabowsa:

Roland made a sustain pedal where the mat you speak of would swing out from underneath the pedal and get held in place by your heel.

I have a *double* piano-type pedal made by Fatar, which works exactly the same way.

I also use the Roland pedal with the foldout rubber strip. (It took several years before I stumbled onto that feature.)

I have also (in the past) mounted sustain pedals onto a thin piece of wood and placed my heel on the wood to keep the pedal from moving.

You can buy something or just as easily make it yourself.

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

I have a homegrown pedal board with all my pedals mounted on it with velcro. It is just a piece of 1/4" wood cut to size and polyurathaned, with rubber feet and velcro straps that attach it to my Invisible stand. This way the pedals are always in the same position and none of that slipping around on the floor. Right now, I just have an expression pedal, Roland DP2 for Leslie fast/slow and Roland DP6 for sustain. There is also room for a Boss pedal or two, which I use from time to time.

Regards,

Eric

Originally posted by Barton:

Does any one know who makes a sustain pedal mat that holds you pedal and the weight of your foot keeps it in place?

Thanks, The creepnomore is what I was looking for.-Barton

Archived