Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

A US store who'll do international shipping on a Workstation?

FnB

With the dollar exchange rate swung in our favour at the minute, I'm interested in buying a workstation online in the US and getting it shipped to the UK.

Only trouble is, I can't seem to find a store that'll ship outside the US and Canada (or US army bases).

Can anyone recommend one?

Chris Griffin: Yo, did y'all check me when that hottie was all up in my Kool-Aid? Yeah, I was looking to break off a little somethin' somethin' but my crew gave me the 411 on that skank and she's all about the bling-bling.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool - I've requested some prices from them :)

Chris Griffin: Yo, did y'all check me when that hottie was all up in my Kool-Aid? Yeah, I was looking to break off a little somethin' somethin' but my crew gave me the 411 on that skank and she's all about the bling-bling.

Originally posted by FnB:

With the dollar exchange rate swung in our favour at the minute, I'm interested in buying a workstation online in the US and getting it shipped to the UK.

Only trouble is, I can't seem to find a store that'll ship outside the US and Canada (or US army bases).

Can anyone recommend one?

One way around all of this - if you know someone in the US, he can have the item sent _duty free/tax free/very low shipping cost by sending the unit to someone at a US military installation in Europe. The item is sent to an APO - American Post Office in Europe. For companies in the US, the postage is based on US rates. The most postage you would pay would be from California to New York for example.

I've done that in the past. The 'paper work' may not be in your name, but that's not a big deal.

Make sure the item you buy from the US either is 220 VAC/50 hz or has a switchable power supply - some units have universal voltage supplies. They sometimes go out of their way _not_ to mention that.

Also, if you have the item sent to your home address (and not an APO), you will have to pay duty and high shipping charges. Check out the rates first. (In the Netherlands, we pay a 25% import/duty tax and then an additional 19% VAT and then shipping on top of that.)

Remember, there are ways around everything. You could also take a trip to the US and bring it back with you. You might have to talk your way through Customs and say that you brought the unit over from the UK to have it repaired ... or you are a professional musician and you brought it with you from the UK as part of your baggage. It's worth a shot.

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

Archived