Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT income tax software

Dave Horne

I still do my income tax by hand. I only have three forms to fill out and I am still amazed just how complicated page 2 of Schedule D is ... if line 26 is less than line 24 and you are an only child with seven letters or less in your first name, proceed to page D-7 and do the worksheet, enter that number on line 50 and line 41 of your 1024 ...).

I might just buy a program for next year. Recommendations?

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have used software for the last6 or 7 years, both TurboTax and TaxCut. Of the two I prefer TurboTax. It seems to be easier and the state editions come a bit quicker. Some people have complained about the copy protection last year but I have moved to the online version so that does not affect me.

I plan to do mine online again this year at the TurboTax online site, just as soon as I find that bank statement that I misplaced.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

I use to use Turbo until I found a great tax person at HR Block.

If you need help and insights on deductions, I think this is the way to go.

It will cost more than Tax software, however, it is easier and it paid off much better

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

TaxCut the last 5ive years. Less of a headache than reading tax law changes every darn year!

RobT

Famous Musical Quotes: "I would rather play Chiquita Banana and have my swimming pool than play Bach and starve" - Xavier Cugat

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, TT turned me off as well, disabled ability to burn CDs, among other things. Decided to file online at taxbrain.com because it doesnt require any software to be installed. The shortest distance between two points is a straight line and filing at the site is much more direct.

Archived