Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Life after the DX200/AN200.

RABid

I know several people here picked up the DX200 and/or AN200 when they were being blown out. I did, but for some reason found that I did not use them that much. While poking around on Motifator I found some very interesting information. These units contain standard PLG cards that can be removed and placed into a Motif. I did this and was shocked at the improvement in sound quality. Maybe it is the programs that come with the Motif that are automatically called up for the cards. Maybe it is the improved effects, or even the D/A converters on the Motif ES working some magic.

Anyway, I thought I would share this little bit of information because I found it very handy myself. On top of that, the DX200 and AN200 were cheaper than the PLG150 cards. By the way, these are 150 level cards so they work great with the Motif series.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for that - hadn't realized they dropped the 200's. But I don't get out much.

Is this a mod the solder-gun-impaired can perform???

Daf

I played in an 8 piece horn band. We would often get bored. So...three words:

"Tower of Polka." - Calumet

Very Painless. No sodering.

Open the bottom of the DX200 or AN200 by removing screws.

Remove the card by removing screws.

Unplug cable connected to the card. Only need a fingernail to work it loose.

I put all screws back just so I would not loose them. To put the cards in the Motif ES it did not take any screws at all. They just slide into a slot, then the cable is attached to the same jack that was used in the xx200. It seems to only plug in one way so you cannot really mess up. Only thing needed was a phillips screwdriver.

Now I have to decide if I want to toss the xx200 boxes, save them, sell them, or give them away. They would work fine for anyone that has an AN or DX PLG150 card.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Archived