Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Does anybody use Apogee, Meyer, Renkus-Heinz, or EAW?

petros

I'm shopping for a pair of high quality powered floor speakers for an acoustic sound system. My application is for small venues, I play a digital piano and perform jazz at acoustic volume levels. Has anybody used Apogee, Meyer, Renkus-Heinz, or EAW powered speakers? I have been using a pair of Mackie SRM 450, but I am not pleased with their cold crisp sound and they are louder and bulkier than I need.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Years ago I liked the EAWs. I guess now that I've heard countless others and learned what to listen for, I can't say I'm terribly fond of them. The last set of EAW floor wedges we had from the backline company were pretty bad.

But hey...that's me.

k.

9 Moog things, 3 Roland things, 2 Hammond things and a computer with stuff on it

Mmmmmm.... Clair Brothers GOOOOOOOOD! Expensive and heavy as hell, but you'll never want to play through anything else for monitors.

Once cool thing about them is that they fold up face-to-face into a custom designed road case.

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

Archived