Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

KC Comps - Volume 7/8

Dave Bryce

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I am faaaaaar toooo late...

But can I join in? I made a cover version of... well if I can join you I will let you know which song. (keyboard based compostion ofcourse)

:keys: My Music:thx: I always wondered what happened after the fade out?

Originally posted by Pim:

I know I am faaaaaar toooo late...

But can I join in? I made a cover version of... well if I can join you I will let you know which song. (keyboard based compostion ofcourse)

You're not too late at all - the submission date is 3/15...

...however...

This volume is going to be originals only. No covers... :(

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Originally posted by Griffinator:

Dave - you know, if we go the Artistlaunch route, you can have one-offs there cheaper than DiscMakers, and Paul does on-disk printing as well as laser-printed booklets and traycards. Problem solved.

Don't we have to sign up for the Artist Launch service to do that?

The site says the minimum sell price that Artist launch will allow is $6.49. That's 50 cents more than Discmakers $5.99, isn't it? It also says that Artist launch charges $5.49, which means each CD sold generates at least a dollar profit (of which Artist launch takes 20%, if I'm understanding what I read correctly). Where does the profit go?

Additionally, the site says:

"The outside (or back) tray card and spines, is a default format with artist name, song titles, and an unobtrusive ArtistLaunch logo."

and, regarding the art on the disc itself:

"We have 8 default label styles to choose from and you'll be able to make a selection as part of the CD set up process."

Do we want that? I don't...I like Steve's art...

The site also makes no mention of what the shipping charges would be - are they included in the price? What about international shipments?

Better question: why can't we just keep doing them the way that we've been doing them?

dB

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Dave - you know, if we go the Artistlaunch route, you can have one-offs there cheaper than DiscMakers, and Paul does on-disk printing as well as laser-printed booklets and traycards. Problem solved.

Don't we have to sign up for the Artist Launch service to do that?

The site says the minimum sell price that Artist launch will allow is $6.49. That's 50 cents more than Discmakers $5.99, isn't it? It also says that Artist launch charges $5.49, which means each CD sold generates at least a dollar profit (of which Artist launch takes 20%, if I'm understanding what I read correctly). Where does the profit go?

Additionally, the site says:

"The outside (or back) tray card and spines, is a default format with artist name, song titles, and an unobtrusive ArtistLaunch logo."

and, regarding the art on the disc itself:

"We have 8 default label styles to choose from and you'll be able to make a selection as part of the CD set up process."

Do we want that? I don't...I like Steve's art...

The site also makes no mention of what the shipping charges would be - are they included in the price? What about international shipments?

Better question: why can't we just keep doing them the way that we've been doing them?

dB

Just a suggestion. I question whether Paul & Co have updated the info on the site - he can do a lot of custom stuff - it's all in-house. A situation like this I'm sure he'd at the very least bend on some of those issues, given that it's virtually assured to be a multiple order.

I question whether Paul & Co have updated the info on the site - he can do a lot of custom stuff - it's all in-house. A situation like this I'm sure he'd at the very least bend on some of those issues, given that it's virtually assured to be a multiple order.

Gotcha.

If you wanna check it out and let us know, that'd be great... :thu:

dB

I already have a submission from Jerry Aiyutherai (if he still wants me to use Monologue) and one from me.

Dave:

I just got swamped with more work for the next three months. (good news, bad news) It's nice to see some positive changes in my industry after three pretty lean years. I'm not going to be able give a new track the treatment I would like. I'd like to propose Monologue as my submission for this CD.

Thanks,

Jerry

Jeff and Jerry, I thought that you might want to know (in case you didn't already) that Dave's off at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas and he may not respond as quickly as usual. For more info, follow the link below:

CES+NAMM = >dB

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Dave I will be sending in a CD, and a check for $30.00, is that enough to cover the costs of 2 CD's? If not, please let me know.

Thanks again to you and the others here that have put in extra personal time to do these projects.

Peace to all of you and have a great new year.

Jazzman :cool::wave:

Originally posted by Jeff Irok:

Do you notify us when you received the CD? I sent mine Monday, but it's across country.... :cry:

I got it. It's the wrong format (.wav) I need a 44.ikk 16 bit redbook CD. I'll convert it for you...

Once again, let me say that I would really appreciate it if people would send me 44.1k 16 bit red book CDs.

So far I have received submissions from you, astor, Jerry A.,me and Llarion. Griffinator is also assured a spot on the disc.

dB

Originally posted by DanS:

Ooh la la, le monsieur parle le francais. ;)

Oui, un peu...si vous parlez trés lentement... :D

dB

C'est vraiment fantastique!! Tout le monde devrai apprendre le Francais, parce que c'est une tres belle langue! Non? A toute a l'heure!!!!

Au revoir.

aL

Gear: Yamaha MODX8, Mojo 61, NS2 73, C. Bechstein baby grand.

Originally posted by Music*aL:

Originally posted by DanS:

Ooh la la, le monsieur parle le francais. ;)

Oui, un peu...si vous parlez trés lentement... :D

dB

C'est vraiment fantastique!! Tout le monde devrai apprendre le Francais, parce que c'est une tres belle langue!
Absolutement! C'est la langue d'amour, n'est-ce pas? ;)

dB

Pardonnez-moi, messieurs! :o

How much of a KC regular do you need to be to submit a tune? If there's room when all the regulars have submitted their songs, I'd like to submit a li'l ditty featuring Nord Lead 2 and maybe some of my old Kurzweil PC88. It'll be less than 3 minutes, I promise.

I got it. It's the wrong format (.wav) I need a 44.ikk 16 bit redbook CD. I'll convert it for you...

Sorry about that, Dave & thanks. I only got the "16 bit 44.1k version" instruction from page one of this thread. I must've missed the redbook part. I have to admit, I'm not certain what a 'redbook CD' is. Is it a normal audio CD? (/me being ignorant again... :freak: )

PS. The extent of my high school French: Jettez l'artiste dans la rue.

Check out my band's site at:

The Key Components!

Originally posted by Jeff Irok:

... I'm not certain what a 'redbook CD' is. Is it a normal audio CD? (/me being ignorant again... :freak: )

I'm not Dave, but I would dare to confirm -

yes, "redbook" is a normal audio CD. (Though why this format is called "redbook" is absolutely beyond me. :confused: )

I am back.

Archived