Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How many forum members does it take...

Dave Bryce

:idea:

As far as I am concerned, my General Electric lightbulbs are far better than your brand, because they:

1. Are more intuitive to screw in;

2. Do not tax my resources;

3. Come in many shades: White, Soft white, etc...

4. Have close to zero latency;

5. Are plug and play;

6. Are supported by multiple lampstands;

7. Never crash (that is during their disclosed lifetime);

8. Are the standard in the industry, and the pros use them;

9. Come in three differnet iterations: Bright, Brighter and Brightest to fit all of your lighting needs; and

10. Many if not all hit records were produced in studios using them.

So there!!!!

Gear: Yamaha MODX8, Mojo 61, NS2 73, C. Bechstein baby grand.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you want to enjoy light-bulbs you should be prepared to change them.

I just wanted to say that since discovering lightbulbs, I'm never going back. The distortion is so much smoother, the colors so much richer. They evoke feelings so warm and fuzzy ... like a hairy heart. :freak:

I highly recommend light-bulbs. :P:D

Jerry

And at least one rant about the real superiority of candles and gas lights, since all that light bulbs are is an electric substitute for real, organic light sources.

(followed by a separate thread on whether candles are more authentic than gas, and one person chiming in about how he is still getting great results from his original Coleman Kerosene lantern, but he is using jet fuel instead of kerosene, and the wicks are made of Irish linen, not cotton.)

All this talk about candles, gas lights and light bulbs got me thinking about the predecessor of the electric guitar, the gas guitar.

We lost a great number of talented guitar players during the development of that fine instrument. It seemed a lot of players continued to smoke cigarettes and cigars and simply ignored the warnings clearly stamped on the side of the guitar.

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

Add one amateur philosopher, commenting about how the light bulb really is a metaphor for a much deeper illumination. :rolleyes:

"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."

-Carl Sagan

Archived