Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Names For Albums

Hey, what's up homos, I mean homeys? I'm just sitting here thinking of possible names for albums. One that I thought of for some of my work was MEN IN HELICOPTERS. That's stupid as hell but I like it. Songs on this album would be about government intervention, the rise of the right wing in America, the rights of people vs. the rights of society, etc. The thing is, I think you have to present art like that with out beating people over the head with it. It has to be very symbolic, mythical, otherwise it just sounds like preaching. OK, I don't even know what I'm talking about here but that's never stopped me before. Give me some names for albums, real, imaginary, or just list your existing favorites.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by TheWewus: [b]That's cute Rowan. Did you realize that Paul McCartney sucked?[/b][/quote]Does he?? :eek:
"WARNING!" - this artificial fruit juice may contain traces of REAL FRUIT!!

Names for Wewus' new album: "Britney's New Microphone" "All Your Base Is Mine" "No Shit, Sherlock" "Wow Is Just Mom Upside Down (And That's How I Like Her)" "Bad Cop No Donut" "Paul Stanley Is A Queen" "Rectum? It Practically Killed Him" "Seasons Of The Obese" I dunno... those are the only serious titles I can muster right now.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

[quote]Originally posted by Rowan: [b] [quote]Originally posted by TheWewus: [b]That's cute Rowan. Did you realize that Paul McCartney sucked?[/b][/quote]Does he?? :eek: [/b][/quote]Yes! Have you not read that thread started by one trick pony, I'll defend my lame opinions to the death, mbl? He sucks and he's an embarrasment.

[quote]Originally posted by TheWewus: [b]...Have you not read that thread started by one trick pony, I'll defend my lame opinions to the death, mbl? He sucks and he's an embarrasment.[/b][/quote]If you refer to... Topic: [b]McCartney is an embarassment [/b] posted 12-01-2002 04:11 AM [quote] Originally posted by Rowan: ...As for the careers of those since... (Beatles) I never really thought much of Wings or anything McCartney did post the Beatles. Lennon and Harrison's work was far more acomplished IMHO. My 2 cents. [/quote];)

Wow, so you hate McCartney too. I just assumed from your avatar that you were a fan of all The Beatles but it turns out that you just suck. :D I think McCartney WAS about 50% of The Beatles, Lennon was 30%, Harrison 15%, Starr 5%. All of these figures are based on scientific formulas invented by my brain.

[quote]Originally posted by halljams: [b] [quote]Originally posted by Rog: [b]No ... the fool on the hill.[/b][/quote]Am i the only one who ever liked Ringo?[/b][/quote]No way! He was Marge Simpson's favourite too!
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

[quote]Originally posted by halljams: [b] [quote]Originally posted by Rog: [b]No ... the fool on the hill.[/b][/quote]Am i the only one who ever liked Ringo?[/b][/quote]nope - i think hes great!...mmm octopuses garden is cool :thu:
Visit my band : www.neonfleacircus.net or www.myspace.com/neonfleacircus

[quote]Originally posted by TheWewus: [b]Songs on this album would be about government intervention, the rise of the right wing in America, the rights of people vs. the rights of society, etc. [/b][/quote]I'm sure you've read Orwell's "1984". How about "The Pigs are Upright" (or does that sound too much like "The Kids are Alright"?).

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

[quote]Originally posted by halljams: [b]Am i the only one who ever liked Ringo?[/b][/quote]You can't knock the 'Fat Controller'. :D [quote]Originally posted by TheWewus: [b]...but it turns out that you just suck.[/b] [/quote]Only when I'm around you sunshine! ;)

[quote]Originally posted by Mr. Botch: [b] [quote]Originally posted by TheWewus: [b]Songs on this album would be about government intervention, the rise of the right wing in America, the rights of people vs. the rights of society, etc. [/b][/quote]I'm sure you've read Orwell's "1984". How about "The Pigs are Upright" (or does that sound too much like "The Kids are Alright"?).[/b][/quote][i]1984[/i] was quite pork free, don't you mean [i]Animal Farm[/i]?
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

I had these two guys in my studio a few years ago doing a Christmas CD. Their names were Spencer Mulkey and Jake Cox. They were trying to come up with a name for the album and I suggested " A Mulkey Cox Christmas." They didn't think it was all that funny.

Archived