Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Lounge Lizard + Chainer conflict

daBowsa

Hey all - I finally got Lounge Lizard installed on my laptop...

Everything works fine running in standalone mode, and Chainer works fine with many VSTi's including B4. When I put the Lounge Lizard .dll in my plugin directory, OR add the Lounge Lizard bin directory to my plugin directory list, I get a "DirectDraw Initialization Error" and everything goes to shit. Chainer locks, the sound card locks, and I need to reboot. :mad:

Anyone else see this problem?!?! :evil:

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just found this on the Lounge Lizard FAQ...I'll try it out when I get home and let y'all know if it works.

I can't be the only one to have seen this problem, right? :freak:

Error Message : DirectDraw initialization error

Cause : DirectDraw object or cooperative level could not be set

Resolution : Try again with no other active applications after a reboot Go in Start | Run | type "dxdiag" | Display | Disable DirectDraw acceleration | Try again

If it's any consolation, I recently had problems getting LL to work with DP. After several unproductive calls to Applied Acoustics, a tech at MOTU solved the problem (though it takes several tries to get through to MOTU tech support).

All problems aside, LL is a great product.

I had a similar problem with LL and the Echo Layla laptop. Everything worked beautifully in stand-alone mode. As soon as I went to shut down LL, the entire computer crashed. May just end up using the Scarbee Rhodes anyway for Giga.

k.

Man, the hour I spent with the Lizard in standalone mode made all this hastle worth it. I was starting to question my decision to go laptop/softsynth for gigs...

B4 is good, but I thought that my money might have been better spent on a VK8 - very good hammond and leslie emu with 0 headaches. But playing Lounge Lizard changed all that - it is by far the warmest, fatest, truest, bestest rhodes/wurly emulation I've ever heard.

Wow. :thu:

Archived