Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Renamed: NAB hang 4/8/03

Dave Bryce

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My preferences would be:

1. something "different" the more exotic the better for me...

3. I like to spend money on food in vegas... so I really don't care

Okay, so we've got one vote for exotic and expensive, which is just about the exact opposite of what I'd be interested in! :D However, I'm willing to compromise. Any more contrasting preferences? Italian, Mexican, BBQ, seafood? (Pleeeease? :eek: )

Another tip, IMO; Just about anything on the strip will be overpriced and/or overrated. Get away from the strip just a little ways and you can find some great food a lot cheaper than on the strip. Then again, I'm notoriously frugal. (translation; tightwad!) :D

Peace all,

Steve

><>

Steve

Originally posted by Bucktunes:

My preferences would be:

1. something "different" the more exotic the better for me...

3. I like to spend money on food in vegas... so I really don't care

Okay, so we've got one vote for exotic and expensive, which is just about the exact opposite of what I'd be interested in! :D However, I'm willing to compromise. Any more contrasting preferences? Italian, Mexican, BBQ, seafood? (Pleeeease? )
Yeah, I'm kinda more with you, Steve - exotic ain't my first choice. I'm not a big fan of cheap food either, though...I could do any of the ones you suggested happily. Seafood is always a good time. I love good BBQ as well...

Hey, here's a thought - maybe we can eat at one of the two Buca di Beppos - those have pretty great food, are always cool for larger parties and are pretty reasonably priced...then, those of us that want to continue partying/spending cash can continue on.

Valky - can you deal with Buca if we go find expensive exotic dessert (yum) elsewhere? Whaddaya think?

So, who else is in on this, anyway? A head count might not be a bad idea...

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Yeah, I'm kinda more with you, Steve - exotic ain't my first choice. I'm not a big fan of cheap food either, though...I could do any of the ones you suggested happily. Seafood is always a good time. I love good BBQ as well...

Hey, here's a thought - maybe we can eat at one of the two Buca di Beppos - those have pretty great food, are always cool for larger parties and are pretty reasonably priced...then, those of us that want to continue partying/spending cash can continue on.

Valky - can you deal with Buca if we go find expensive exotic dessert (yum) elsewhere? Whaddaya think?

dB

I think if you find me something really nice on Monday night I could go for ANOTHER good dessert on Tuesday night.... ;):D

Is there a Seafood place in Vegas (that has regular stuff for you boys) and also has sushi (which I'm craving these days...)?

There are just so many "combo" places in Vegas.... just a thought?

Valky

Valkyrie Sound:

http://www.vsoundinc.com

Now at TSUTAYA USA:

http://www.tsutayausa.com

There's Nobu at the Hard Rock or there's Todai ( buffett style/ maybe $25 per) at the Aladdin. I hope I can join you guys where ever you decide.

Linwood

linwood@bellmusicproductions.com

Originally posted by Linwood:

There's Nobu at the Hard Rock or there's Todai ( buffett style/ maybe $25 per) at the Aladdin. I hope I can join you guys where ever you decide.

Ooooh - Todai is another way cool suggestion - I've been to the one in LA - it rocks!

I'd could do that....

dB

Valky - can you deal with Buca if we go find expensive exotic dessert (yum) elsewhere?
I vote for Buca. The ones in NorCal have good food and really great cannoli. I assume that the ones in Vegas have to be as good or better given that it's the town Guido built. (Sorry, please call the Italian Ant-DefAmation League on me).

I vote that I don't care, as long as this is decided by tomorrow evening. I'm splitting over the weekend, so I want to know where we're hooking up before I leave town.

I'm fine with Buca or Todai (though I'm always partial to good sushi). :)

- Jeff

If Todai also has something for those folks that don't care for sushi then I'd vote for Todai
I work for Sony so I have no problem eating bait.

All kidding aside, sushi is one of my favorite foods. I'd eat it all the time if my pockets were deeper. I do draw the line at green tea ice cream though. What kind of twisted mind does it require to come up with such a sick concept?

Originally posted by Jeff, TASCAM Guy:

I vote that I don't care, as long as this is decided by tomorrow evening. I'm splitting over the weekend, so I want to know where we're hooking up before I leave town.

Well, as far as the hook-up, let's just go with the ADAM booth at the end of the show Tuesday evening. If we're still undecided on where to go, we can always flip a coin then.

It's lookin' like Todai to me, unless either Steve or Linwood don't do sushi...am I missing anyone else?

dB

Originally posted by JimmieWannaB:

I do draw the line at green tea ice cream though. What kind of twisted mind does it require to come up with such a sick concept?

Dude, I love that stuff.

But then, I'm sick and twisted. :freak:

- Jeff

Originally posted by steadyb:

There are folks that don't care for sushi??? :eek::rolleyes::P

Well, not actual folks per se...more like strange robot beings that come from distant planets that have no oceans.

For the rest of us...SUSHI FUCKING RULES! :)

Give me spicy tuna rolls or give me death.

- Jeff

I'm cool with either Buca Di Beppos or Sushi, but just to complicate things, ( :D ) may I suggest;

Memphis BBQ

My wife and I have eaten there a few times, and they have wonderful food! In fact, that's the place I had in mind when I mentioned BBQ earlier. Price-wise, it's about middle of the pack ($15-$20 for a meal). But you'd better be hungry, because they serve big portions. :thu:

Anyway, just another possibility. I'll go with the majority vote. :)

Peace all,

Steve

><>

Steve

BTW, if any of you guys want to give me a shout when you arrive in town, you're welcome to email me. I'll email you back with my phone numbers.

Here's my email; Bucktunes@msn.com

I guess I'll need to hook up with Dave beforehand to get a badge for Tuesday. When will you be here, Dave?

Peace all,

Steve

><>

Steve

Originally posted by Bucktunes:

I guess I'll need to hook up with Dave beforehand to get a badge for Tuesday. When will you be here, Dave?

I'm in town Sunday night. I'm at the Luxor.

I wonder if you need to get anything from me - didn't you register online? If so, do you still need the actual card itself?

Just to be safe, I'll leave you a few of the passes at the Luxor's front desk. They'll be under your name.

dB

Originally posted by steadyb:

I'm here. (in Vegas)

Dave,

Give me a call when you get here. (in Vegas) ...(Sunday)

I can never remember your cell number...can you email it to me?

Either that, or leave me a message at the Luxor.

Where are you staying?

You'd better be joining us on Tuesday, boyeeeee... ;)

dB

Been here since Friday for the usual sales and dealer meetings. Tonight is the ever popular Group Dinner/Show where everyone gets shit faced with hopes that their boss act likewise so memories of embarrassing acts are fuzzy come tomorrow morning. :freak:

Ahhhh... :cool:

Excellent meal and way enjoyable hang!

Thanks to Steve B, JimmiewannaB, steadyB and ValkyB (heh) and special guest Klaus Heinz from ADAM Germany for taking the time to meet up and do a meal. The sushi was fine and the company finer.

A good time was definitely had by all! :thu:

...well, almost all...in an unforeseeable turn of events, Jeff TASCAM guy did not end up joining us. All were suitably astonished... :rolleyes:

dB

(wow - lotta b's)

Well, my introduction to "serious" sushi was a pleasant one thanks to you guys! From now on, I'll remember last night every time I see sushi. And especially when I hear the word "ginger"... :freak:;):D

Always cool to place a face and voice with somebody's name here. Dave was about what I expected after reading so much about him here, and seeing a few pictures. And I mean that in the most complimentary way, of course! :) Valky is much younger than I would have guessed. Very cool for you to have such a great gig at your tender young age! :cool: Steady B was also much younger than I'd pictured. I was expecting him to be about mine or Dave's age. I was able to recognize Jeff when I first saw him, again from pics on this forum. But I never would have guessed you wouldn't be joining us for dinner... ;) Oh, well. Cool to meet you anyway! Ken, I think I mentioned to you that you look a lot like a keyboardist that I knew back in Illinois. Then when you came up and introduced yourself, I half expected that you were him. Cool meeting and hanging with you, bro. Glad you enjoyed the band! :thu:

Now, if I can just persuade a few of you to come out and hear the band tonight, my NAB experience will be complete! If not, it was a pleasure meeting and hanging with you guys. Be careful going back home now, you hear?! ;)

Peace all,

Steve

><>

Steve

Originally posted by JimmieWannaB:

BTW Dave - Good call on the single.

Hmmm, either I'm really dense, or I missed a conversation while I was loading up my plate...What "single" are you guys talking about? :confused:

Peace all,

Steve

><>

Steve

Archived