Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Classic campfire songs

I love jamming around the campfire , but it's been so long since I've done it, I forget all the good songs.. The ones I can think of: Floyd: Wish you were here, Fearless Marley: Freedom Songs, Bad Card Dylan: Watchtower, Hurricane Young: Old man, Heart of Gold Zep: Tangerine Damn, that's all I can remember...What are your favourites? :cool:
meh

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by Sal Paradise: [b]Be careful! Don't forget what happened to the Girl Scouts :D [/b][/quote]What girl scouts? And no girlscouts, this is an adult-only-get-wasted-in-the-snow campfire :D
meh

[quote]Originally posted by Sal Ubrious: [b]The Beatles Fake Book is a great thing to have for such occasions. Songs are all on one or two facing pages and the changes are right. What more could you ask for? :thu: [/b][/quote]I've been revisitting a lot of beatles stuff lately...brilliant, perfect for the occasion..I'll check out that book; I have the worst memory in the world.. :thu:
meh

[quote]Originally posted by Ken/Eleven Shadows: [b]Squeezebox.[/b][/quote]haha - damn, I totally forgot about that song...man, this one band and I had fun with that one...nah, I won't get into it... :thu: Thanks Ken.. :)
meh

[quote]Originally posted by The Tedster of Christmas Present: [b]Anything by Neil Young, Eagles, or early America stuff...stuff like that.[/b][/quote]Definitely Young - I'm sure I know at least a coupla dozen tunes of his, it's just a matter of accessing that memory... :D Eagles? I'm not sure what the one tune is called ("Nobody knows what's it's like, to be a sad man.."), but I play that once in a while...If that conjures up anyone around the fire to request Hotel California though, I may just have to shoot them :D America? Which titles? Thanks for the input Tedster :)
meh

[quote]Originally posted by 'rold: [b]...Eagles? I'm not sure what the one tune is called ("Nobody knows what's it's like, to be a sad man.."), but I play that once in a while...If that conjures up anyone around the fire to request Hotel California though, I may just have to shoot them :D America? Which titles? Thanks for the input Tedster :) [/b][/quote]Uh.. 'Rold... that would be "Behind Blue Eyes" by The Who. ;) Eagles: Take It Easy and, yes, Hotel California always started the non-musicos singing. What else do you want from a campfire song. With that in mind, the list of ultimate campfire songs from my generation has to include "American Pie" by Don McClean, "Puff The Magic Dragon" by Pete Seeger (although most of us were more familiar with the Peter, Paul, & Mary version.), and The Beatles' "Yellow Submarine."

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Archived