Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Are you ready for some HOCKEY

Fat Chance

Originally posted by Magpel:

Rock on, hockey fans. Nobody really understands you. :thu:;):thu:

I turned on my TV just in time to watch Petr Sykora break a scoreless game at 8:06 of the second overtime period to give the Mighty Ducks a 1-0 victory in Game 1 of the Western Conference Finals against the Minnesota Wild.

Now I love a good defense as much as anyone, but 0 - 0 in double overtime just doesn't do it for me. Yes, you hockey fans are an unusual breed; but we like ya anyway, you crazy kidz! :D

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prediction: I don't know who will win the western but the winner will be dealing with the Flyers. Call it a hunch....

Michael

Q:What do you call a truck with nothing in the bed,nothing on the hitch, and room for more than three people in the cab? A:"A car"....

Originally posted by tenthplanet:

Prediction: I don't know who will win the western but the winner will be dealing with the Flyers. Call it a hunch....

Michael

Um, Michael, the Senators already eliminated the Flyers.

Originally posted by Postman:

Originally posted by tenthplanet:

Michael

Um, Michael, the Senators already eliminated the Flyers.
Yeah, I was going to comment but didn't want to burst his bubble. He could have been talking about next year, ya know. :D

- Jeff

Go Minny! Pluck the Ducks!

They're down 2-0 to the children of the hockey gods, but that team can beat anyone.

As a Stars fan, I don't know if I want to love or hate the Devils in the East. They've got Newy, Langs, and Marshall there, but manI hate the rest of that team.

I also hate seeing great Stars players win cups with other teams (see Brett Hull)

Yup. It's decided. Go Sens!

---------

-Guruman-

Wow! I get without internet access for a while, then I get all busy, then I finally come back here to find a lot of traffic. :wave: A warm welcome to all the newcomers & non-hockey fans (you are the insane ones ;) )

Fantastic Minnesota, what a story. How can anyone possibly predict that series? Ducks up 2-0 but what does that mean to the Wild? Nuthin.

I still just can not see the names "Minnesota Wild" of "Mighty Ducks of Anaheim" engraved on the Stanley Cup, but the way its going, I wouldnt be surprised.

The Eastern final is gonna be tight all the way and I'm sure that will produce the Champion. When was the last time we've been able to say that the favorite for the cup is coming from the East? OK there's been New Jersey but even they have been underdogs to the big 3 in the West (Dallas, Detroit, Colorado)

This is good, Hockey is great, back to work.

John Scotsman

you may regret those words the way this season has gone

I agree Jeff,who ever wins the east is in for a good time with Ducks

Quack...Quack...

Bye...Bye...

Peace

Rob :thu:http://ca.yimg.com/i/ca/cp/20021031/1611620360.jpg

Nah no need to regret my words, I'd love to see Minnesota win the cup! ;) All I'm sure of is that the winner in the East will be wearing red, black & white and the winner in the West will have some kind of green in their colors! The Ducks are looking like a super-power team, but it wouldnt be too crazy for Minnesota to come back.

Apparently Jacques Lemaire asked Gary Bettman if he could suspend the entire Ducks team except Giguere. The commisioner denied as it would be just as hard to score against a solo Jiggy.

John

Don't get me wrong,I'd love to see the Wild go to the cup finals,but I don't think it's going to happen against a hot goalie like Giguere.

I'm sure Bettman would rather see the Ducks and Devils in cup finals because they are big market cities.That sucks :evil:

It's all about the money

Peace

Rob :thu:

I've watched some pretty good goalies over the years - Barasso, Richter, Brideur, Roy - but I've never seen anything like the defensive domination that Giguere has unleashed on the Wild. Imagine if he shuts them out again! A best of seven series without a single goal being scored by the loser. It could happen!

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Originally posted by Dan South:

A best of seven series without a single goal being scored by the loser. It could happen!

Oooh, there's some trivia: has that ever happened before???

Gotta flip through the NHL record book now!

- Jeff

Okay...got the info:

From NHL.com: "Tonight, Mighty Ducks of Anaheim goalie Jean-Sebastien Giguere is poised to challenge one of hockey's oldest and most unassailable records, Detroit Red Wings goalie Norm Smith's 1936 mark of 248:32 consecutive minutes of shutout hockey in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

"Giguere has gone 213:17 minutes without surrendering a goal and could break Smith's record in the first minute of the third period tonight."

I don't care about the record, compared to the win. I hope Jiggy isn't thinking about that either (he's a pro, so I'm sure he's not). Still, how cool would that be?

- Jeff

In non-playoff news, I'd like to congratulate a few of my Los Angeles Kings...

http://a1708.g.akamai.net/f/1708/110/8h/images.fanbuzz.com/images/thumbs/200x200/NHL-NTSWOOL-043.jpg?scale=&color=

Coach Andy Murray was behind the bench for Team Canada as they won the Gold Medal at the 2003 World Hockey Championship in Finland.

Also, Matty Norstrom won a Silver Medal with Sweden and Ziggy Palffy and Lubomir Visnovsky won Bronze Medals with Slovakia.

Congrats, Kings! See you next fall! :thu:

In the meatime, GO DUCKS!!!

- Jeff

Originally posted by HCMF:

Amazing how all goalies standing are from Quebec

We really know how to make em here!!!

Look at the number of goalies in the league as a whole and you'll see a big percentage of guys from Quebec. A bunch of really good goalies with French accents. :)

- Jeff

Patrick R4oy is the sole reason why kids up here(like myself) looked up to

He was the best goalie ever, and no wonder,

Montreal had THE goalie coach at the time, the one with Giguere now, François Allair

If the Devils make it past the Sens, that'll only make them a more tender morsel for the Ducks to gobble up! :D

I honestly have no idea what will happen between the Ducks and the Eastern champs, but it's been fun watching the Quackers thus far. And we're almost at that magic time for the cup finals! Whoo-hooo!

GO DUCKS!

- Jeff

Sorry guys but I still find it hard to believe...

The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim are in the Stanley Cup final!

I saw some of Game 3 and heard some of Game 4 while I was sleeping (I dont know how!) Giguere is incredible. How many times has he pulled of a save with a lightning fast reflex move that makes him look as if he's in fast forward? Actually its strange watching him, its not surprising to see him stop those shots, its almost like you know the puck just wont go past him.

For those of you that saw Minnesota's goal live (not me) was it weird? You know like the feeling you get when a goal is scored deep into overtime when you expected the game to keep on going?

John Scotsman

Originally posted by flyscots:

For those of you that saw Minnesota's goal live (not me) was it weird? You know like the feeling you get when a goal is scored deep into overtime when you expected the game to keep on going?

Not very weird...just a goal. Even with Giguere (and Brodeur, and Roy, etc.) they just happen sometimes.

This was a nice play...Wild came down fast on the power play, Ronning sent a hard shot in from the point and Brunette nailed the deflection.

Other than that, it was all Ducks.

GO DUCKS! :thu:

- Jeff

Archived