Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Winter NAMM 2003 Dinner

Gus Lozada

Originally posted by Dano:

How about a get together at the Marriott or something right after closing ?

Dano

This seems like a possible alternative to the Fri/Sat conflicts.

I too would love to meet as many of you as possible. I am also sort of in limbo with the EJ concert (won't know if my comp is going to happen until Wed. or Thurs).

My frustration lies within "last minute" arrangements ( usually,my sweet wife is the ONE!) and not being able to commit at this point.

Would an alternative plan along w/ or w/out dinner be feasible?

Surreal :confused:

Surreal :cool:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Dave Pierce:

Guys and Gals,

I'm managed to finangle a NAMM pass, courtesy of my wife's friend who is doing logistics for DigiDesign. So I'll be a guest of DigiDesign.

A bit last-minute, I know, but I'd love to join you all for dinner and meet some of you in person. Can you get me on the list? TIA.

--Dave

Done - you're in Dave!

Updated list ya'll:

1. AudioMusico

2. Brian Carter

3. GusTrax

4. dB

5. dB's ADAM friend

6. Bastard Child

7. Bastard Tralalalala

8. bleen

9. Boggs

10. burningbusch

11. Valky

12. ikestr

13. ikestrs wife

14. Jeff Leites

15. Paul Berolzheimer

16. Soapbox

17. SteveFortner

18. zachary vex

19. Dave Pierce

AM

Originally posted by SurrealMcCoyJazz:

Originally posted by Dano:

How about a get together at the Marriott or something right after closing ?

Dano

This seems like a possible alternative to the Fri/Sat conflicts.

I too would love to meet as many of you as possible. I am also sort of in limbo with the EJ concert (won't know if my comp is going to happen until Wed. or Thurs).

Yes! - let us know!

AM

My frustration lies within "last minute" arrangements ( usually,my sweet wife is the ONE!) and not being able to commit at this point.

Would an alternative plan along w/ or w/out dinner be feasible?

Surreal :confused:

I'm posting this as a heads up. Unfortunately, there is a chance I won't be able to go to the dinner.

As some of you may know, I've been sick since December 22nd. While the worst of it was around New Year's, I had a relapse yesterday. Even though I was getting well at a snail's pace, I was confident that I would be healthy enough to go to NAMM. Now my confidence is shaken.

Even though NAMM is relatively easy for me, compared to those who exhibit, it's still a lot to do for someone who isn't healthy. I'm a little over an hour's drive from Anaheim without traffic. However, it's much more common for traffic conditions to be bad. Under those circumstances, it has taken me over two hours to drive one way from my house to the Anaheim Convention Center. After walking the convention floor for the better part of eight hours, I face the long drive home and preparation for the next day, reading and posting NAMM reports online. Usually, I get 4 - 6 hours of sleep and repeat the process until NAMM is over, or until I've had enough!

As much as I love to go to NAMM and as much as I love hanging out with you fine folks, I'm not sure when or if I'll be up to the task this week. However, I've already missed Christmas, my birthday, and New Year's because of this illness, so I'm going to do everything within my power to be well enough to enjoy the show and the dinner. That's why this is a heads up and not a cancellation!

Hoping to see you soon,

Geoff

Enthusiasm powers the world.

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

Originally posted by soapbox:

I'm posting this as a heads up. Unfortunately, there is a chance I won't be able to go to the dinner.

As some of you may know, I've been sick since December 22nd. While the worst of it was around New Year's, I had a relapse yesterday. Even though I was getting well at a snail's pace, I was confident that I would be healthy enough to go to NAMM. Now my confidence is shaken.

Even though NAMM is relatively easy for me, compared to those who exhibit, it's still a lot to do for someone who isn't healthy. I'm a little over an hour's drive from Anaheim without traffic. However, it's much more common for traffic conditions to be bad. Under those circumstances, it has taken me over two hours to drive one way from my house to the Anaheim Convention Center. After walking the convention floor for the better part of eight hours, I face the long drive home and preparation for the next day, reading and posting NAMM reports online. Usually, I get 4 - 6 hours of sleep and repeat the process until NAMM is over, or until I've had enough!

As much as I love to go to NAMM and as much as I love hanging out with you fine folks, I'm not sure when or if I'll be up to the task this week. However, I've already missed Christmas, my birthday, and New Year's because of this illness, so I'm going to do everything within my power to be well enough to enjoy the show and the dinner. That's why this is a heads up and not a cancellation!

Hoping to see you soon,

Geoff

Geoff, I sure hope you do get better. I had a nasty long-lasting flu around New Year's myself -- but (knock on wood) I believe I'm completely over it now. Here's hoping you can say the same by tomorrow, or at least by Friday.

--Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

I wants to get funked up.

My Funk/Jam originals project: http://www.thefunkery.com/

Originally posted by Dave Pierce:

Geoff, I sure hope you do get better. I had a nasty long-lasting flu around New Year's myself -- but (knock on wood) I believe I'm completely over it now. Here's hoping you can say the same by tomorrow, or at least by Friday.

Thanks Dave. I'm sorry to read that you were sick too, but I'm glad that you seem to be over it now. I'm also glad that you're coming to the show and dinner. I hope I'll be well enough to show up and meet you!

Best,

Geoff

Enthusiasm powers the world.

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

Hello.

We can gather at the M-Audio's booth by 6 PM or just get direct into the place.

See you there !!!

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

Originally posted by Tusker:

Anyon taking pictures for us Un-Nammed folks? It would be nice to have dinner with you all vicariously. :)

I second that. They only person I've met from the forum is Gus (Ola Amigo :freak:

Figures I had to leave California (and the US) right when you guys starting doing these dinners. :eek::(

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Hello there, happy birthday to me... :D

The dinner was again a very nice experience. There were just a few of us: Ikester and Wife, David Pierce, Paul B., Jeff Leites, Audio Musico, Valky :love: , Brian Carter, Luigi and I. However, I think it's always worth to put a face to the screen names and all of my new friends happened to be extremely nice persons. :thu:

We missed you all, maybe on next time... ;)

BTW I had the chance to see today our friendly moderator, Dave Bryce in person, together with Mr. Rupert Neve at ADAM's booth.

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

Sorry I missed the dinner, but I did get a chance to say hi and hang out with dB and steadyb at their respective booths, as well as stopping by to say hello to Mr. Marketing Weasel himself, Jeff, the Tascam guy. Also met Valky at dB's booth on Thursday.

It was a fun show with lots of fun new toys! :thu::thu:

Archived