Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Turnabout is Fair Play

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOL glad some of you are so amused by that photo. I thought it was pretty funny too, that's why I used it. I don't take myself that seriously. Plus, the music that it accompanies is not my 'serious' music but rather that which I create as part of a society of insane people called the ICS, so it seemed appropriate. Sorry if it gave you nightmares, Anti-Myles. :D

Myles didn't post the IP address. Someone else did. Myles may have looked it up, but even that seems to be subjective. I see that someone has arrived at the conclusion that SSS needs a Gestapo to enforce its rules and regulations. I see that that someone has nominated himself for the job, too. Sieg heil! When did Coaster become a Dutch gynecologist?

The Black Knight always triumphs!

The most hilarious part of all this is the implication that IP adresses are somehow private information. Where did that idea come from? Whenever you do anything online you are broadcasting your IP address for the world to see. Sure, forums can choose not to display this information, but there are so many other ways of finding it out, and it really isn't a big deal anyway. Hopefully everyone who is using an always-on connection like a cable modem or DSL is using some sort of firewall anyway. Mrs. Peel/Anti-Myles, how would you like it if I told everyone YOUR IP address? BTW, how do you like AT&T Broadband? :D

[quote]Originally posted by Sal Paradise: The most hilarious part of all this is the implication that IP adresses are somehow private information. Where did that idea come from?[/quote]From the privacy policy [quote]Whenever you do anything online you are broadcasting your IP address for the world to see. Sure, forums can choose not to display this information, but there are so many other ways of finding it out, and it really isn't a big deal anyway. Hopefully everyone who is using an always-on connection like a cable modem or DSL is using some sort of firewall anyway.[/quote]Its not bulletproof as you might know [quote]Mrs. Peel/Anti-Myles, how would you like it if I told everyone YOUR IP address? BTW, how do you like AT&T Broadband? :D [/quote]Post it if it serves a purpose. Tell the truth. You didn't get that info from my logging into and posting on this forum. You got it from your site log or counter log when I went there to see your site... correct? It was my bad for using the un-anon connection to view your site. ATT broadband is only ok. They have ramp down bandwidth software that kicks in after 5 or 10 seconds of constant transfer, so if you do a speed test, it shows smoking speed, but if you do a large download it ramps down to one third of the tested rate (to about 180kbs), saving them bandwidth load. The upload speed is capped at 35kbs. Look, I am not saying what I did was right, but it did serve its purpose in getting Myles to delete his post on his forum, and apologise to Ashley (which he didn't do publicly but should have). Moron9 (Myles's minion) refused to delete or edit his post here on Craigs forum. Craig had to do that. Posting your pic by me was questionable at best. In the end it all worked out, save a few deleted threads here and there. The downside to all of this was an unfortunate quelling of Ashley/Charlieze/Salma, who were humorous and delightful to an overwhelming majority of members here. All of this because the few, and the one with a little bit of digital forum muscle decided to bully and intimidate her (yes she is really a she).

[quote]Originally posted by Mrs. Peel: [b]The downside to all of this was an unfortunate quelling of Ashley/Charlieze/Salma, who were humorous and delightful to an overwhelming majority of members here.[/b][/quote]Well count me in the minority. I fail to see how you arrived at that conclusion with over 17,000 unique registrants to the site, and a total of less than 188 unique registrants participating in a "favorable" way. By the way... 24.189.139.71 Tomorrow I'll be in another country. Knock yourself out.

[quote]Originally posted by NYC Drew: [b][QUOTE]Well count me in the minority. I fail to see how you arrived at that conclusion with over 17,000 unique registrants to the site, and a total of less than 188 unique registrants participating in a "favorable" way. By the way... 24.189.139.71 Tomorrow I'll be in another country. Knock yourself out.[/b][/quote]For one thing, Droll, you have shown how petty you are for posting this IP for no other purpose than to be a jerk, also that you are an digital incompetent. That is not my IP. The poll shows how most people feel about Ashley on this. Its like voting, if you don't vote, you don't have an opinion. If you voted negatively and were in the minority, then most people who have an opinion were favorable of Ashley. So you will be in another country? Hit and run tacticts. Chickenshit.

By the way... 24.189.139.71 Tomorrow I'll be in another country. Knock yourself out. ----- Point being though that you had the CHOICE of exposing your ip. Ashley didn't. You chose to "flash" us. She had her privacy RAPED. She's no more anonymous than anybody else here. Did anyone actually think she was Ashley Judd for christ sakes. But, to post her ip. People that do that - I rank them right up there with paedophiles and other such lizard-like people.

[quote]Originally posted by Nytrix: [b]She's no more anonymous than anybody else here. Did anyone actually think she was Ashley Judd for christ sakes. [/b][/quote]LOL, That's exactly what I said, but Myles told me not to come back to the guitar forum unless I used my real identity. And I suppose "spigots" and "strong_rod" and "StoDawg" are their real names? :rolleyes: Anywho, thanks to everyone who stuck up for me, including mrs. peel, but I think it's over now and I'd like to put this thing to rest without any more arguments or personal attacks over it. White Chocolate/The artist formerly known as Ashley

[quote]Originally posted by White Chocolate: [b] [quote]Originally posted by Nytrix: [b]She's no more anonymous than anybody else here. Did anyone actually think she was Ashley Judd for christ sakes. [/b][/quote]LOL, That's exactly what I said, but Myles told me not to come back to the guitar forum unless I used my real identity. And I suppose "spigots" and "strong_rod" and "StoDawg" are their real names? :rolleyes: Anywho, thanks to everyone who stuck up for me, including mrs. peel, but I think it's over now and I'd like to put this thing to rest without any more arguments or personal attacks over it. White Chocolate/The artist formerly known as Ashley[/b][/quote]Again, you can't make assumptions for everyone. I do feel that the moderator overreacted, but that's on him. Everything else that has transpired since then could have, and should have been conducted in a more civil, and cicilized manner. From George Massenberg's forum [quote]Originally posted by gm: [b]If Charlize Theron is a recording geek maybe there's hope for the rest of us after all... Charlize, could you forward your e-mail address? George[/b][/quote]The entire (unrelated) thread is [url=http://www.musicgearnetwork.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=004235]here.[/url] ---------- Mrs. Peel, I am a serious motherfucker. Nothing that transpires on these forums wil lever make me get bent out of shape. That's not my style. Here's my telephone number 914 760 1005 and my email address andrew@thgworks.com fell free to talk to me off forum, maybe we can arrive at a [b][i]mutual[/b][/i] understanding. Otherwise, leave me alone, and I'll leave you alone.

[quote]Moron9 (Myles's minion) refused to delete or edit his post here on Craigs forum. Craig had to do that. [/QB][/quote]I tried to delete a post here once and the forum would not let me. I did apologize on the Happy Happy, Joy Joy thread that was originally titled something on the order of "This forum is getting slow and boring" but the title was changed after I bumped it (Craig did you change it?). Moron----ix

[quote]Originally posted by Moronix: [b] [quote]Moron9 (Myles's minion) refused to delete or edit his post here on Craigs forum. Craig had to do that. [/b][/quote]I tried to delete a post here once and the forum would not let me. I did apologize on the Happy Happy, Joy Joy thread that was originally titled something on the order of "This forum is getting slow and boring" but the title was changed after I bumped it (Craig did you change it?). Moron----ix[/QB][/quote]Only forum leaders or the person that posted this message may edit this message (and only registered users may edit/delete posts) Note: Only forum leaders may delete posts. Here is the message I get. The Audioasylum will let a post be deleted if it has not had a reply. Maybe Musicplayer should look in to a similar function. Moron----ix

[quote]Originally posted by Moronix: I tried to delete a post here once and the forum would not let me. I did apologize on the Happy Happy, Joy Joy thread that was originally titled something on the order of "This forum is getting slow and boring" but the title was changed after I bumped it (Craig did you change it?). Moron----ix[/quote]] [quote]Only forum leaders or the person that posted this message may edit this message (and only registered users may edit/delete posts) Note: Only forum leaders may delete posts. Here is the message I get. The Audioasylum will let a post be deleted if it has not had a reply. Maybe Musicplayer should look in to a similar function. Moron----ix[/quote]You could have edited it though... ever see someone apologise for a double post? That is them editing the clone postand making the double post announcement, because they cannot delete them. Now look at the bottom of this post.

[quote]Originally posted by loudist: [b] [quote]Originally posted by Moronix: I tried to delete a post here once and the forum would not let me. I did apologize on the Happy Happy, Joy Joy thread that was originally titled something on the order of "This forum is getting slow and boring" but the title was changed after I bumped it (Craig did you change it?). Moron----ix[/quote]] [quote]Only forum leaders or the person that posted this message may edit this message (and only registered users may edit/delete posts) Note: Only forum leaders may delete posts. Here is the message I get. The Audioasylum will let a post be deleted if it has not had a reply. Maybe Musicplayer should look in to a similar function. Moron----ix[/quote]You could have edited it though... ever see someone apologise for a double post? That is them editing the clone postand making the double post announcement, because they cannot delete them. Now look at the bottom of this post-----Can a Moron really edit this?? "I see" said the moron.[/b][/quote]Point well taken. It is easy to be cool and calculated now. Hindsight is 20/20. Robert Moron----ix The name stays

The fact that this generated two pages of replies is what's disturbing. Yeah, the Ashley Judd posts got stale to me in a hurry. Not much was added to the threads via Ashley, just a bunch of sophmoric spanking gags. But to be fair, some threads didn't DESERVE reasonable reply, and Ashley lightened it all up. But, enough IS enough. It was kind of tantemount to the persistent "I know you are, but what am I" retort that 3rd graders think is witty. Can only stomach so much of that shit 'fore you want to swing a two-by-four at them. And as it IS all water under the bridge, this reply should be the last one so this thing can finally sink off the main page and out of sight... Whitefang
I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Archived