Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

FORUM CD: Why they're delayed...

Dave Bryce

Originally posted by Dan South:

I'm inclined to let the water run under the bridge and move forward. Sometimes you have to chalk an unpleasant event up to experience. If you let idiots stress you out, you're ruining your health over an issue that, in the grand scheme of things, is really fairly trivial.

If we recoup, we recoup. If we don't, we move forward anyway and give these bozos bad publicity whenever we can. It's not worth having a stroke over this.

I'm normally inclined to agree with you, Dan. However, people trusted me with their money, and I feel really bad about what's happened. So, I'd like to do everything in my power short of contacting my attorney to retrieve the cash.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry to be so late in a show of support, but my 3 1/2 week illness decided to flare up again the night before last and I'm just now coming now out of it! Man, I really hope I'll be up to driving down to Anaheim and going to NAMM! Anyway

Dave, I'm really sorry to read that you're going through all of this! Even under normal conditions, this would have been a time consuming process for you. Just mastering the CD and overseeing the manufacturing process is a lot of work to do for free. Even though I have yet to contribute to one of these releases, as a Keyboard Corner regular, I really appreciate the time and effort you put into each and every one of them. I also appreciate the more than fair $10 CD price, and the chance to hear what forum regulars have recorded.

Now, in addition to all of the normal work you do, you are wasting your time and possibly some of your money hassling with a questionable company in which you placed your faith and trust. To make matters worse, all of this is happening when you really need to focus your time and energy preparing for Winter NAMM.

Dave, you have both my sympathy and gratitude. You can also count on a second $10 check from me, if necessary. I'm probably up to e-mailing Electric Records as well, but I will at least wait until tomorrow and focus on getting better today.

Good luck with all of this, and thanks for all of your efforts.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Originally posted by Dan South:

I'm inclined to let the water run under the bridge and move forward. Sometimes you have to chalk an unpleasant event up to experience. If you let idiots stress you out, you're ruining your health over an issue that, in the grand scheme of things, is really fairly trivial.

If we recoup, we recoup. If we don't, we move forward anyway and give these bozos bad publicity whenever we can. It's not worth having a stroke over this.

I'm normally inclined to agree with you, Dan. However, people trusted me with their money, and I feel really bad about what's happened. So, I'd like to do everything in my power short of contacting my attorney to retrieve the cash.

dB

Understood, just don't let it eat at you. In a world filled with murderous terrorists and nuclear dictators, an incompetent scam artist is the least of our worries. ;)

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Wow.

Thanks for the support, guys. It really makes a big difference.

Okay - I'm going down to Anaheim now. We'll deal with this a bit more tomorrow...

...and YES, I will ACTUALLY have a laptop with me at the show. Thank the stars for powerbookguy.com...

dB

Hey, if it takes another $10, count me in. Y'all are worth $20 to listen to anyway. :)

Besides, I don't think Dave should absorb even one penny of some other idiot's malfeasance.

Give 'em hell!

If you need a really good lawyer-like nastygram to send them, I'll be happy to draft something and run it by my contract/entertainment attorney father in law for clarity. I'd just need the specifics (dollars, dates, promises, etc in as much granularity as you can muster) of the events.

Remember, it doesn't have to actually come from an attorney to give them the idea that you have retained one. A sharply and properly worded correspondence can strike fear in folks, even coming ostensibly from a layman.

Cheers!

Phil "Llarion: The Jazzinator" Traynor

www.llarion.com

Smooth Jazz

- QUESTION AUTHORITY. Go ahead, ask me anything.

http://www.llarion.com/images/dichotomybanner.jpg

I think I'd be inclined to let it go a little longer. If this company is strapped for cash, they may need a little time to straighten things out. You can't get blood from a stone, so why waste the energy. Maybe it will work out. If not, there's probably a minimum five year statute of limitations, plenty of time to take them to the cleaners.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

GOOD NEWS!

Apparently, our new friend Melanie at Electric Records told me the truth. A check showed up at my house today from them. :thu:

Sometimes a bit of persistence pays off... :cool:

Jim - lemme know how much we owe you and I'll ship you off a check on Monday when I get back from NAMM.

Thanks to all of you for your support. I look forward to hearing what you guys think of the project - hope it was worth the wait.

dB

I guess someone has to be the one to say it but I sure hope that check they sent you is good Dave. It's not that I am pessimistic but they haven't been all that forth-right in their dealings over this and if they are in financial straights well, you see what I am getting at.

Keep us posted. My offer of extra funds stands.

Now I am gonna go out and watch for the postman. ;)

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

ME: "Nobody knows the troubles I've seen!"

Unknown Voice: "The Shadow do!"

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

GOOD NEWS!

Apparently, our new friend Melanie at Electric Records told me the truth. A check showed up at my house today from them. :thu:

Argh... Too bad! Now I have no ground to write them a nasty email at which I'm so good...

(Just kidding!!)

:thu::cool:

Looking forward to hear the whole thing!

I am back.

Originally posted by wrave:

I guess someone has to be the one to say it but I sure hope that check they sent you is good Dave. It's not that I am pessimistic but they haven't been all that forth-right in their dealings over this and if they are in financial straights well, you see what I am getting at.

Yep.

Believe me, the thought has occured to me as well. We'll see shortly, won't we?

dB

Archived