Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

E-mu Vintage Pro...

MojoHaiku

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
maybe it's just me, but I am just not impressed with it. I listened to the demos and they sound decent at best? I was a huge emu fan in college with the proteus 1,2 and then 2000 that we had, but it's just the same ole thing repackaged over and over....a shame

Someone here pointed it out on the Emu site a while back. I might pick up the ROM when it is released. I still have three slots available. I have been happy with the other ROM's that I picked up over the years. One nice thing is Emu puts 526 presets on most ROMs.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Originally posted by schmoron13:

maybe it's just me, but I am just not impressed with it. I listened to the demos and they sound decent at best? I was a huge emu fan in college with the proteus 1,2 and then 2000 that we had, but it's just the same ole thing repackaged over and over....a shame

I just listened to the demos also, and I would advise not to judge the module based on those. Whoever did them should be shot. As I was listenening, I was asking myself: "Where are the Hammond leads?" and "Where are the different synth sounds?"

It seems like they person doing the demos wanted to display his/her chops, and not the capabilities of the unit. I would have loved to hear what Fairlight sounds, DX, Prophet, etc., were in there, but what we got were 1 Moog, a Mellotron, some generic strings, background organs, and some Clav and Wurli background stuff.

I think it would need to be seen in the flesh to really judge.

The old VK had some killer demos in it.

..Joe

Setup: Korg Kronos 61, Roland XV-88, Korg Triton-Rack, Motif-Rack, Korg N1r, Alesis QSR, Roland M-GS64 Yamaha KX-88, KX76, Roland Super-JX, E-Mu Longboard 61, Kawai K1II, Kawai K4.

Archived