Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

FORUM CD: Rate "Whoa..."

Dave Bryce

Woah, that's a loaded question Fusion Man :)

I listen to a whole lot of different stuff, Jazz Fusion is one of many styles I dig.

I'm trying to form a list of Fusion artists in my head but there's just too many. :)

I'll list the song order on one of my favorite Mix CDs that I made for listening in the car, I don't really have time right now...I will post it later.

Thanks for listening and for the kind comments...I'm glad you enjoyed it...that's a big part of why we do it eh?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good lord, what a song. And yes, very much like Return to Forever. It figures that when the monsters took over Jamfree, this would happen. Very daring, from the age when progressive/fusion music was threatened with extinction. And of course I mean all this in a good way.

Oh by the way... SIGN ME UP FOR A CD!!

This keyboard solo has obviously been tampered with!

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Originally posted by Steve LeBlanc:

OK if anyone has a few minutes...I need some fresh ears...I keep being bothered by the current mix...is THIS a better mix ??

I actually think the first of the three that we did is the best mix...you should put that one up, too...

dB

Now I'm leaning more towards Mix 2...I dunno, Steve...your call...

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Yeah...let's go with Mix 2 then...everything just seems a bit more balanced to me...that piano track was a bit to sloppy to be in in the lead instrument area...leaves more room for the very fat Andromeda pads which really do need a lot of space.

:thu:

P.S.

Dave, you rule! Thanks again so much for helping me do this.

• 2 weeks later...
I know this is an example of what can be done in today's project studio (kudos, Dave), but it also shows what can be done by someone who's a natural with the only tools at hand (junior drumset). I like it more than when I first listened to it!

Steve

www.seagullphotodesign.com

Archived