Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OK here we go again, Otari MK 5050-III 8-track?

Ok, they've got an Otari 8-track that can probably be gotten for about $800 to $900 dollars. What do you guys think about this machine? Thanks in advance, Lincoln Ross Dead Black Jedis

"All conditioned things are impermanent. Work out your own salvation with diligence."

The Buddha's Last Words

R.I.P. RobT

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jedi, its a great machine but the price is high. Daddys music had one at their wharehouse sale last year for 175, but the 500 range would be ok for a nice one. As far as tape saturation goes the narrow tape will saturate quicker than the wide tape, the only compromise is hiss. When mixing , mute and open tracks as the song progresses. A lot of people are going to tell you that this machine cant sound good, thats old school thinking. Its like saying you need 427 cubic inches for a motor to make 400 HP. Narrow format decks use a very refined head technology compared with the old large format decks. Paul.

Hey Paul, thanks. Yo man, check your PM Box. I emailed you back on the last Tascam 38 thread. I'm about to start another thread about my continued search for my sound. Talk to you bro, Lincoln Ross Dead Black Jedis and thanks to all you folks for responding. Tedster you're a nut as always.

"All conditioned things are impermanent. Work out your own salvation with diligence."

The Buddha's Last Words

R.I.P. RobT

Archived