Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I appear to've stumped the panel--- what do I win ?

D_dup3

Recently I posted ththis question :

Is the Don Preston who worked with Zappa, the Residents, etc., the same Don Preston who played in Leon Russel's 1970s-era touring band ?

After a week (well, nearly...) no one has responded. Surely someone knows this vital piece of music trivia...don't they?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Don Preston who played with Leon Russel does not seem to be the Don Preston who played with Zappa. I pulled up sites about each at google and there does not seem to be any points of intersection.

Don't know for sure about the Don Preston of the Residents but I think that is yet a third person.

Thanks for yer rapid action,BMan!

BTW, the DP who played w/FZ is the same as the one w/the Residents (also,multiple movie soundtracks,e.g.,Apocalypse Now).

Thanks,again...but does anyone know more?

Originally posted by henryrobinett:

I saw the same Don Peston play with Zappa during the "Live At Fillmore" phase and again about 20 years ago with jazz pianist/composer Carla Bley, with whom I think he still plays and records.

There is also a Don Preston who is a blues player, I think that is someone else again.

What's Carla Bley up to these days. Saw her with Jack Bruce at the Garden Party about 27 years ago - not a happy band.

Originally posted by steadyb:

Originally posted by d:

Thanks,again...but does anyone know more?

Ants don't like cinnamon.
Myaunt likes cinnamon;actually, I meant "More"---y'know,..."...more than the greatest love the world has known; more than the greatest pot that's ever been thrown; more than you want to know & more than you've ever been bored & my heart is very sore no one else could laugh at you more..."...

:rolleyes:

Wait...this is important.

Do ants really dislike cinnamon? Will they leave if cinnamon is sprinkled liberally around an area?

I don't have ants right now, but with summer on its way, I'm expecting a million of them to knock at my door sometime within the next month or so. This cinnamon thing would be cool, since I won't have ant poison around my 3-year-old son.

Oh, and I know nothing about Don Preston. Is he related to Wade Preston? I know Wade Preston. How about Billy Preston? Elvis Presley? Lee Press On Nails?

- Jeff

Originally posted by Jeff, TASCAM Guy:

Wait...this is important.

Do ants really dislike cinnamon? Will they leave if cinnamon is sprinkled liberally around an area?

I don't have ants right now, but with summer on its way, I'm expecting a million of them to knock at my door sometime within the next month or so. This cinnamon thing would be cool, since I won't have ant poison around my 3-year-old son.

Yes. Someone told me this a long time ago and when I tried it, it actually worked. Obviously not cinnamon sugar :rolleyes: , just plain ground cinnamon.

Yes. Someone told me this a long time ago and when I tried it, it actually worked.

That's awesome! Thanks b. See, you never know what you'll learn on this forum! :)

- Jeff

Don't let it get wet though...dry cinnamon.

Oh, and I know nothing about Don Preston. Is he related to Wade Preston? I know Wade Preston. - Jeff
No, but he is Wade Bogg's second cousin.

Archived