Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Monster brand cables - worth the money?

eric

It's very interesting, because there's not a single person on this thread, whose advice I wouldn't take seriously.

all I can say is, I'm glad I didn't start my search for a keyboard on a forum.

Thanks everybody. Looks like eric's a no-show. Ah come on eric, I've waited years. You the man. Tell me what to buy.

:)

"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Eric, you'll be so proud of me! I'm bumping a thread you started over two years ago.
AWESOME! I am very proud of you. This is what I like to see. Someone has a question that has been covered before, so rather than started a brand new topic, they go back and bump an older post with some very relevant info. This give the new responders some context and provides that legacy info.

As for my situation, I'm still using a combination of home-grown and cheap guitar cables with no complaints!

Regards,

Eric

Originally posted by Marzzz:

George L's, DAMMIT!!!! No soldering, all you need are decent wire cutters and a small screwdriver, and it takes seconds to make cables. A little bit pricy (GROUP BUY!!!), but as your needs change, you can re-use the plugs, and even the cable- worst thing is you may need to buy more cable.

http://www.georgels.com/

I use George Ls for short distances but was told by a George L rep they're not ideal for longer lengths. I have to maintain those connections (ie, restrip the wire) from time to time too, but overall, I think they sound very good. I do notice a difference in recordings over cheapo cables, but haven't used monster instrument cables so I wouldn't know how GLs stack up to them. I've never made my own Mogami or Canare cables either.

Whaddabout Markertek? Is that a cable maker or just supplier of parts? That name is rattling around in my on this topic for some reason.

Original Latin Jazz

CD Baby

"I am not certain how original my contribution to music is as I am obviously an amateur." Patti Smith

Originally posted by eric:

I'm still using a combination of home-grown and cheap guitar cables with no complaints!

Hi Eric. good to hear!

You were right about bumping old threads. I just had to get over the feeling of snooping around and eavesdropping on somebody else's conversation. It is kind of sobering to realize your comments are recorded for all time, don't you find??

I took a look at Markertek. They've got some pretty coloured cables that have caught my eye. :D

Who knows. At least I've got quality brand names to look out for when faced with a choice. Thanks again.

Sue

"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

Originally posted by geekgurl:

Whaddabout Markertek? Is that a cable maker or just supplier of parts? That name is rattling around in my on this topic for some reason.

Supplier of parts that also makes some premade cables and will make custom stuff although the custom stuff is pricey. I've come to depend on these folks.

A WOP BOP A LU BOP, A LOP BAM BOOM!

"There is nothing I regret so much as my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well?" -Henry David Thoreau

Archived