Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone else seen "Clones" yet?

Dave Bryce

This film totally kept my level of interest way up. Well -- the sappy love scenes could have been more "REALISTIC" on the part of the girl, she is soooo mono-toned. A better attress could have casted for that role, I can certainly name a few. The developement of plot and climax was really great in this one too. YODA, is my hero, wow -- what a role. His scenes on the ship --looked like a war film, where he's the high combat commander. So intense.

The aliens and beasts again in this one are out of this world amazing, always getting better.

The aliens -- Kaminoans (expert cloners) were simply ravishing and elegant, my all time favorite aliens now.

A great film.

vi

www.mp3.com/just_vi_an

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i agree that so much of the love stuff wasn't necessary, in terms of dialog... i heard that the 7/8/9 is going to be released for another group to produce?? that's a rumour i heard.. i liked the new aliens as well, but thot that C3PO's lines were sooo bad and cheesy :bor: . i wonder how 'evil' and powerful anakin has to get in the next film to inevitably defeat the current count and become the apprentice to darth sidious?? but overall, i definitely think it sucked less that PM, which doesn't really say much i guess :D

matt

Originally posted by 1Empress_Scorpio:

This film totally kept my level of interest way up. Well -- the sappy love scenes could have been more "REALISTIC" on the part of the girl, she is soooo mono-toned. A better attress could have casted for that role, I can certainly name a few. The developement of plot and climax was really great in this one too. YODA, is my hero, wow -- what a role. His scenes on the ship --looked like a war film, where he's the high combat commander. So intense.

The aliens and beasts again in this one are out of this world amazing, always getting better.

The aliens -- Kaminoans (expert cloners) were simply ravishing and elegant, my all time favorite aliens now.

A great film.

vi

www.mp3.com/just_vi_an

The aliens who made the clones- SWANKY! Stylish beyond belief but not corny. Young Boba Fett and his dad were really good.

I think the Princess did a good job having a really nice belly button... that's very important, too.

C3PO's lines were sooo bad and cheesy
I was thinking the same thing during the battle scene. But he's always had the corniest one liners.

I have to second the motion on the Padme's belly button. Could we hope for a future outfit along the lines of what Leia wore when she was Jabba's prisoner (grrrrrowlllll!)

You know I was just thinking...something strange about the movie. Except for some gratuitous cheek shot in the night club scene, the movie is largely buttocks-free. It must be deliberate, there is no way to present so many characters, alien and human, in so many scenes, without getting some butt-footage, unless it's deliberately avoided.

C3PO butt and enormous posteriors of grazing animals hardly count.

Yes, I'd forgotten the Kaminoans. Excellent aliens, seamlessly integrated.

Did anyone notice that the Trade embassador has the voice of Mojo Jojo from Powerpuff Girls? It's exact, and was very distracting

Give me the ANALOG and no one gets HURT

• 2 months later...

OK, I'm resurrecting the thread since I finally got a chance to see it about 2 weeks ago. I'm a huge star wars fan, and the Phantom Menace left a sour taste in my mouth since it was so bad overall.

I really like it. The movie didn't drag like the 1st one, great scenery, more complex story. Actually, ended up watching twice, once with the girlfriend and once with my mom (who likes scifi a lot too).

Dislikes : All those actors interracting with CGI characters is horrible. Notably the scene where Obi Wan goes to the diner type place to inquiry about the poisoned dart and is chatting with the fat alien. The acting there is horrondeous, it's obvious Ewan McGregor was a bit lost trying to act against nothing.

No chemistry between Anakin and Padme... their scenes are just horrible from the tension/romance/chemistry aspect.

As far as the C3PO one-liners, I thought they were pretty darn funny. To each his own, I guess. But the movie is missing the humor between Lea and Han Solo in the 1st movies. Where's the sarcasm?

Oh, and how come R2D2 wasn't able to fly in the other movies, which happened later in time?

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Originally posted by Rod CA:

...Oh, and how come R2D2 wasn't able to fly in the other movies, which happened later in time?

the explanation i've heard is that his flying mechanism had broken (will break) by episode 4.

there are many "plot holes" in the series, but they all seem to have explanations.

Archived