Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Any Prophet 600 users or fans out there?

Dan South

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the first synth I ever actually owned.

Also the first MIDI keyboard (along with the Jupiter 6).

Polyphonic glide, sequencer, arpeggiator, it rocked!!!

Slow envelopes though. Kept it from really "punching". But great nonetheless. I wish I still had mine.

It was the first synth I owned, I loved it. If I weren't young and stupid I would have found another way to raise money for a D-50 rather than selling it.

I'm on the look-out for one right now but there are so many things on my wish list I don't know how soon I'll be able to get one.

What a great fat sounding synth...I miss it dearly.

I'll add another vote. It was also my first polysynth. It sounded great, and any sound it could make I could set up in 30 seconds. That's user friendly! :)

The sad part; I ended up practically giving it away back in `89 after "replacing" it with a Matrix 6. I bought the Matrix more because of impressive specs than sound. I wanted touch sensitivity and more programming flexibility. What a mistake! The Matrix never sounded quite as good, and it was a major PITA to program. It wasn't long before I started missing the ol' 600. :(

One of my favorite tricks with the 600; Latch chords in unison mode, then use portamento and sweep the filter at the same time. Add about 100ms delay for a massive sound! :D

Peace all,

Steve

><>

Steve

Archived