Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

ot: how big is your...

g05

... computer monitor? i'm thinking about buying a mac G4 and debating whether to get the 15 inch or the 17 inch display. how big is too big? is there such a thing when it comes to monitors?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by g05:

... computer monitor? i'm thinking about buying a mac G4 and debating whether to get the 15 inch or the 17 inch display. how big is too big? is there such a thing when it comes to monitors?

I only have a 15 inch monitor, but only 12 inches are viewable. I prefer the small monitor though because that way I just look straight ahead to see everything. My friend at work has a 21 inch monster monitor. I don`t like it because it requires too much up/down and side to side movement to see everything. I shrink everything down when using his monitor. Kcbass.

"Let It Be!"

It depends on a few things: one is how close do you like to sit to the screen, I would consider a 15 inch lcd (flat) monitor to be the minimum, if you go with a crt(tube) than a 17 inch will give you the same amount of usable screen size. Consider a 19 inch(tube) if you like a little distance or a 17 inch(lcd).

Go someplace where you can see a number of monitors and actually look at things you would do on the screens. Spec's help but trust what you see.

Michael

Q:What do you call a truck with nothing in the bed,nothing on the hitch, and room for more than three people in the cab? A:"A car"....

Home - 2 computers with 17" monitors.

Work - 3 computers, with a 19" primary and 2 17" secondary monitors.

I agree, 15" LCD if possible. 17" flat screen CRT otherwise. The extra size is very nice when trying to edit multiple tracks or work with Reaktor. My new keyboard stand has a top tier for a monitor but I am afraid to put a heavy 17" there. Soon I will change the primary computer to a 15" LCD screen so I can place it there and face my keyboards when sequencing and mixing.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

g05,

> debating whether to get the 15 inch or the 17 inch display. <

I don't think 17 inches is enough. I have a PC with two monitors, one 21 inches and the other 17 inches. I could never go back to smaller than 19 inches for the main monitor, or using only one instead of two.

> how big is too big? is there such a thing when it comes to monitors? <

I'd have a 25 inch monitor if they were affordable!

--Ethan

19". I upgraded from a 17" ( which conveniently burned out on me ;) ) I wouldn't have it any other way. I can see the info clearly.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Archived