Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

COVER CD: Ready to rock!

Dave Bryce

Okay, everyone's submissions are in. They are all nicely sequenced and mastered.

Here is the lineup:

BuckTunes

Funeral For A Friend (4:49)

Originally by Elton John

Gulliver

No More I love yous (4:48)

Originally by Annie Lennox

Marino

Prelude and Fugue in D Major, from the Well-tempered Klavier (3:36)

Originally by J. S. Bach

BurningBusch

Deja Vu (4:13)

Originally by ? (yo, Bill - who did this puppy?)

B_3guy

Love the One Youre With (4:19)

Originally by Steven Stills

Paul III

Canadian Sunset (3:50)

Originally by Frankie Carl

bg

Proclamation (6:45)

Originally by Gentle Giant

Laurie Z

What Child Is This (3:04)

Traditional

Dan South

Walking on the Moon (4:46)

Originally by The Police

Mzeger

This is not America (3:07)

Originally by Metheny/Mays/Bowie

PatAzz

Streetbeater (3:35)

Originally by Quincy Jones

GusTraX

Night Birds (3:56)

Originally by Shakatak

Dano

Heartbreaker (2:28)

Originally by The Rolling Stones

Llarion

Children of Sanchez (4:57)

Originally by Chuck Mangione

Bobro

La Steaua (Towards the Star) (3:10)

Originally by Nicolae Bretan

Magpel

Jockey Full of Bourbon (3:24)

Originally by Tom Waits

Lincoln Ross

Macarena (Remix) (4:31)

Originally by Los Del Rio

Dave Bryce

The Light Dies Down on Broadway (4:14)

Originally by Genesis

It came in at 73:35 (whew!).

Mr. Jordan, what else do you need from me other than that list to get the art work going?

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Magpel:

Dave, it's redundant by now, but anyway: you da man. This has got to be the most (only?) productive music form on the Web.

I agree! Maybe we could persuade Dave to start his own record company based on this forum. There's already several dozen artists, and between all of us, we can do all phases of production including artwork. Distribution shouldn't be a problem, and we've certainly got exposure. Whaddaya say, Dave! :)

Peace all,

Steve

><>

Steve

Gulliver

Hey Dave, just a heads up...Annie Lennox actually covered this song. It was originally done by an early 80's pop band (don't remember their name). I don't know if this is important for copyright/liner note purposes but I just wanted you to know if so. Her rendition is the definitive version either way. (D. Freeman and J. Hughes are the credited authors).

~nel

Originally posted by nelz:

Gulliver

Hey Dave, just a heads up...Annie Lennox actually covered this song. It was originally done by an early 80's pop band (don't remember their name). I don't know if this is important for copyright/liner note purposes but I just wanted you to know if so. Her rendition is the definitive version either way. (D. Freeman and J. Hughes are the credited authors).

~nel

Yeah, this was brought up in another thread. If anyone knows who the original artist is, please let us know! Vlad, I figure you should be diggin this up, moyi droog... :D

Failing that, I don't see the big deal in just using Annie Lennox...it's not like we're gonna make the CD commercially available or anything...

Thanks, nel!

dB

Dave, it's redundant by now, but anyway: you da man. This has got to be the most (only?) productive music form on the Web.

Man I am really bummed that I missed out on this one. I've been so buried by work, and I didn't already have a cover done, or even half-way done. But I notice Jeff isn't there either and for similar reasons I'm sure.

I'm gonna work on one anyway (especially, to road test some new toys), and If there's a Vol. II, then I'll be ready.

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Mr. Jordan, what else do you need from me other than that list to get the art work going?

dB

I think that's all I need. Are we calling it "Cornered & Covered" or "Covered & Cornered"? I'll look at our other CD, etc. & post later today if something else is required. I know what to use on the cover, I just have to do it. I should be able to work on it this P.M.

Steve

www.seagullphotodesign.com

Originally posted by steadyb:

]Man I am really bummed that I missed out on this one. I've been so buried by work, and I didn't already have a cover done, or even half-way done. But I notice Jeff isn't there either and for similar reasons I'm sure.

I'm gonna work on one anyway (especially, to road test some new toys), and If there's a Vol. II, then I'll be ready.

I'm bummed you missed it to, Steady. The only work I know of yours is that great synth track on the first compilation. It's one of my favorites. Did you have any covers in mind?
Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Man I am really bummed that I missed out on this one. I've been so buried by work, and I didn't already have a cover done, or even half-way done. But I notice Jeff isn't there either and for similar reasons I'm sure.

Yeah, I'm bummed too. My move couldn't have been more untimely. I really didn't get up and running until mid jan, and by then I was flooded with other things to take care.

Just out of curiosity, this is the stuff I was looking to do :

- Video killed the radio star : Buggles (If I could get a cool vocoder effect and some girls to sing - the sequencing was done)

- (if I couldn't get the vocals right) Something from Enya (I think so was Joe, so I was leaning less on this)

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Did you have any covers in mind?
Hey Mag,

Thanks for the nice compliment.

I have a few different ones in mind, so I may make it into some kind of twisted, short medley.

Maybe Jeff, Rod, and any of the other regulars who missed this CD will keep working on something and we could have a Cover CD Volume 2 in time for summer.

Since our first compilation was a 2 disk collection, I'm sure we could come up with enough for the 2nd cover CD too.

Rod? Jeff?? what do you say???

steadyb

Originally posted by b_3guy:

Are we calling it "Cornered & Covered" or "Covered & Cornered"?

I dunno - either is fine w/me. I'd probably be more inclined to go with "Cornered and Covered", but I really don't care that much...

dB

Rod? Jeff?? what do you say???

Sounds good. I'll keep working on it so it's ready when/if we decide to do it.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

Originally posted by mzeger:

Would it be interesting to do a cover CD with tunes from the same artist or genre? A few ideas:

Beatles

prog rock

jazz standards

Jobim

Brian Wilson

'80s

Steely Dan

Stevie Wonder (so many ideas from the SW topic)

That's an interesting idea. It would have to be something fairly broad, though, to make sure we get a bit scope of people. I don't care much for Steely Dan, so I'd be out of that one, for instance. Jobim/MPB I would DEFINETILY be in ;) Beatles sounds cool too.

MBP-LOGIC

I'd be way into doing a Beatles cover CD. I have this version of "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" that I've been planning to cut - as a matter of fact, I did the first scratch tracks for the sequence a few nights ago.

Would anybody not be into doing a Beatles cover CD?

dB

I'd be enthusiastically IN on a Beatles cover CD. Jobim, as much as I love him, might be a little over my head, but there's nothing wrong with, um radical interpretations, right?
Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

I'd be way into doing a Beatles cover CD. I have this version of "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" that I've been planning to cut - as a matter of fact, I did the first scratch tracks for the sequence a few nights ago.

Would anybody not be into doing a Beatles cover CD?

dB

Beatles cover album- fantastic idea!

-CB

Originally posted by nelz:

No More "I love you's'
If anyone knows who the original artist is, please let us know!
Okay, I obviously have way too much time on my hands today. Original artist...The Lover Speaks.
You rock, nel! Thank you...

Steve J, willya be good enough to make a note of that? You rock, too... ;)

dB

Steve J, willya be good enough to make a note of that? You rock, too... ;)

dB

The cover image is put together. I'll post it with the header tomorrow am.

I'll publish the liner notes in this thread when I get to that point in the design. I will try to pick up any changes such as above, but ultimately it will be up to each artist to make sure I have each listing correct. Is that OK?

Steve

www.seagullphotodesign.com

Works for me...

Thanks, Steve! :D

I was listening to the compiled CD in the car today - the friggin' thing sounds totally great Y'all are a seriously talented bunch of cats. I'm damn pleased to know ya.

dB

Archived