Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Where is Keyboard's site?

Gulliver

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do I put this nicely? It's a total nightmare. The current plan was to have the "new" keyboardonline.com hosted at our west coast operations, Creative Planet Communities/UEMedia Communities. They've been having some--how shall I put this gently--challenging issues with the production environment. The server gets overloaded with certain processes that overtake the machine and it has something to do with the content mgmt. system but the folks there can't quite put they're finger on it. They've uploaded the latest patch in the series but still...they're forced to reboot the machines. They FINALLY opened a trouble ticket with the CMS tech support so I'm HOPING that by the end of this week things will be worked out. Keep in mind I said that 2 weeks ago...

In the mean time, you can access the following:

What the site will look like .

Old Keyboard site , which will be accessible for a while.

Keyboard channel in MusicPlayer.com .

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by kudyba:

They've been having some--how shall I put this gently--challenging issues with the production environment. The server gets overloaded with certain processes that overtake the machine and it has something to do with the content mgmt. system but the folks there can't quite put they're finger on it. They've uploaded the latest patch in the series but still...they're forced to reboot the machines

Out of curiosity what type of servers and content management are being used? I can understand if you can't say ... but it sure is sounding like a M$ (Microsoft) server problem.

RobT

RobT

Famous Musical Quotes: "I would rather play Chiquita Banana and have my swimming pool than play Bach and starve" - Xavier Cugat

Originally posted by RobT:

Out of curiosity what type of servers and content management are being used? I can understand if you can't say ... but it sure is sounding like a M$ (Microsoft) server problem.

Sun E250 w/ 2 processors connecting to a E450 running Sybase. Using Vignette Story Server 5.0.5. Don't have enough resources to upgrade everything to current, e.g., Story Server is now called V-Series and they're up to version 6.01. Sybase and Apache also have upgrades that we're behind on. :( To clarify that's what we are using here for MusicPlayer.com. The folks out west hosting the magazine web sites have a similar environment. After finally getting Vignette tech support extended to their environment, they were able to get the support needed to help trouble shoot the problems...now, as to whether the site is updated on a regular basis--that remains to be seen...

Archived