Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Keyboard Controller Idea

Pat Azzarello

So, I'm a little surprised that Fatar/Studiologic (or someone else) hasn't decided to make a "Hammond" controller keyboard. With the number of organ modules out there (and the frequency that new ones crop up) I would think there would be a market for a controller keyboard with:

•  
  • Waterfall keys
  • Hammond Style Drawbars
  • A few programable switches
  • Pitch/Mod wheels
  • One or two manuals

Anybody else think this is a good idea? I'd rather buy a controller and pick the module that I want (and swap/upgrade later) than put out the $1800+ for an all in one unit that probably will be updated in a year anyway.

Am I the only one who thinks this is good idea?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, Alan's not that far off base...

The point being that the actual sound generating electronics don't cost that much to add. If someone's gonna design a keyboard with all of the hardware (switches, drawbars, etc) already on it, they may as well toss an engine into it for a few dollars more so that can aim it at a wider target market.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Unfortunately the OB3 and OB3-2 keyboards transmit sys-ex when you move the drawbars, not standard controller numbers, so this limits there functionality as controllers. :(

[ 02-01-2002: Message edited by: Mike Martin - Kurzweil ]

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Archived