Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I'm gettin a new toy, I'm gettin a new toy, I'm gettin a new toy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK...it ain't the best or even the latest and greatest, but after drooling over everyone else and their sister's new DAW and the fact that I get a GREAT discount at the store I work at part time....ITS NEW TOY TIME. I'm getting the lowly but neato Fostex VF160. Ordering it Saturday, should be in my hands within two weeks. It'll be a great addition to my analog stuff, and the portability of the thing is fab. Anyone use or have this unit? I recorded three songs with the VF16 last year, and enjoyed it. Not particularly blown away by the sound, but it sounds good enough.....to me! Lemme hear ANYONE who has experience with this gear..... New Toys....do boys really grow up????? :) OR gals for that matter..... :)
Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, my RNP should be on the way by mid-next week and since we're in the process of buying a house, a purchase like that is a no-no. But I justify it because money I make from the studio goes towards the purchase price of a house, so the more gear I buy, the better it will be. Hey, she goes to sales and spends hundreds of dollars and then says, "But look at how much I saved!!" Fuzzy logic is cool.
Andrew Mazzocchi

I've heard good things about that recorder, you'll have fun with it. When I got my musician's friend catalog this week, I couldn't help drooling a little bit at the model below the VF160- the VF80. 8 tracks, 20G hd, $500. I don't need one, but it'd be fun to have.

[quote]Originally posted by TheWewus: [b]Try this. When she finds it just say, "oh I've had that for a long time." Maybe you should scratch it up a little bit.[/b][/quote]That one actually worked on my Mother when I was 16 and she found out I had a tattoo. Hee hee hee.

"Meat is the only thing you need beside beer! Big hunks of meat and BEER!!...Lots of freakin' BEER."

"Hey, I'm not Jesus Christ, I can't turn water into wine. The best I can do is turn beer into urine." Zakk Wylde

http://www.hepcnet.net/bbssmilies/super.gif

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15_1_109.gif

Archived