Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Give thanks if you've been blessed with a massive organ!

dansouth

Originally posted by dyoung46@bellsouth.net:

Amen!!! Praise God!!! :D:D:D

[ 11-19-2001: Message edited by: dyoung46@bellsouth.net ]

I think we may have an AMEN corner going on here.

I am thankful that God has blessed me with:

- a beautiful wife

- two loving daughters

- two great brothers

- a great mom, dad, in-laws and out-laws :D

- and the the gift of music and the opportunity to share it

and give it back as an offering to him.

- finally, that despite what may look like chaos on the

outside you realize that God is ultimately in control

RobT

RobT

Famous Musical Quotes: "I would rather play Chiquita Banana and have my swimming pool than play Bach and starve" - Xavier Cugat

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by SWBuck1074@aol.com:

Who says you gotta be old to be wise?

Hey, we old geezers have to have something going for us.

My point is this; None of us know when our turn will come up, so I believe it's important to be grateful

Its important to keep working on your playing so when your turn comes you can play with the band!

[ 11-21-2001: Message edited by: Byrdman ]

Originally posted by Tedster:

I wonder if J.S. Bach's wife fully appreciated his massive organ. :D

Well, he DID have a lot of children, and he married a twenty-year-old woman at age thirty-six after his first wife had died. Makes you wonder...

Jeff,

Interesting history lesson. Kind of demonstrates how inaccurate those school history books were. (Propaganda!)

For your diligent effort, I hereby nominate you for the positon of Official Keyboard Corner Turkey. :D

Your rat bastard amigo,

Dan

Originally posted by dansouth@yahoo.com:

Where are steadyb and B3 Guy? Don't they have massive organs?

Yes thankfully I have a 425lb organ. Here in Canada we've already had our Thanksgiving. It's not as big a holiday as in the States, but it's a holiday to get together with your family, give Thanks & have some turkey.

The other day Travis & I were coming back from one of his hockey practices & there was a guy walking on the sidewalk. He has to use a cane to walk. He is in his mid thirties & had been in an accident. Over the years, I 've seen the guy progress from a wheelchair, to using 2 canes, to now he was walking with just one cane. He must have been on a walking program because I would see him walking in the worst weather, rain, snow, wind & cold. I pointed to him & said to Travis, "Whenever things are not going right for you, just remember, there is someone in a worst situation than you. And with hard work you can get past anything." I'm thankful everyone in our family is healthy.

Have a happy & safe Thanksgiving!!!

Steve

www.seagullphotodesign.com

Yes thankfully I have a 425lb organ. Here in Canada we've already had our Thanksgiving. It's not as big a holiday as in the States, but it's a holiday to get together with your family, give Thanks & have some turkey.

The other day Travis & I were coming back from one of his hockey practices & there was a guy walking on the sidewalk. He has to use a cane to walk. He is in his mid thirties & had been in an accident. Over the years, I 've seen the guy progress from a wheelchair, to using 2 canes, to now he was walking with just one cane. He must have been on a walking program because I would see him walking in the worst weather, rain, snow, wind & cold. I pointed to him & said to Travis, "Whenever things are not going right for you, just remember, there is someone in a worst situation than you. And with hard work you can get past anything." I'm thankful everyone in our family is healthy.

Steve

Steve

Archived