Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Super Bowl - your guess?

Dave Bryce

Originally posted by meccajay:

For all its worth the Super Bowl could be the Bears vs The Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought that this might be a fun thread all on it's own - thanks to meccajay for the idea.

I'm gonna go with the Rams vs. the Raiders in the battle of the former LA teams.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First thought: Rams-Raiders. I will be in seventh heaven. And going for Raiders all the way, though the Rams look very strong.

Weird other possibilities: 49ers. Steelers. San Diego (Can it last? Can it really last?) Bears.

Hmmm.

- Jeff

Originally posted by Magpel:

Rams-Ravens. I know Baltimore is struggling but it is still way early in the year, and they are still capable of being a ferocious defense.

I'm thinking the Ravens quarterback problems may keep them out of the big show, unless they decide to stick with Randall. Elvis should definitely leave the building.

dB

Dave, do you think it's all quaterbacking with the Raven's?? Hard to say cause they did lose Jamal lewis(running back) and the defense's are keying on the passing game. Also I saw on one of those post game reports that teams are having a lot of fun blocking Ray Lewis now that they've figured out how to!

Jeff, SanDiego has a hell of a good shot to go deep in the playoff's but so-so teams are gonna get better(Titans, Ravens etc) by playoff time.

Were gonna have a good look tonight if the Eagles can get past the Giants they might challenge the Rams in the playoff, and they didnt get beat by the Rams to bad in week one...Anyways, the last 2 weeks took the luster off the Rams-Ravens matchup IMHO...Nice choice though Magpel!

Damn those Bears gotta hell of a running back!

TROLL . . . ish.

Originally posted by meccajay:

Dave, do you think it's all quaterbacking with the Raven's?? Hard to say cause they did lose Jamal lewis(running back) and the defense's are keying on the passing game. Also I saw on one of those post game reports that teams are having a lot of fun blocking Ray Lewis now that they've figured out how to!

No, I don't think it's all quarterbacking, but I do think it's a big part of it. I'm not an Elvis fan - I don't think that he has what it takes to go all the way. I definitely think the loss of Jamal hurt them as well, and I agree that the other teams have had time to dissect the Baltimore D at this point.

Bottom line - Ravens were a flash in the pan, and unless Mr. Siragusa falls on other teams quarterbacks after they're already down again, they ain't goin' to the show this year.

Just my opinion...

dB

NFC: The Rams are obvious favorites. I think Green Bay could give them trouble in the playoffs, though. NFC dark horse: San Francisco.

AFC: Doug Flutie would like a chance to play in the big game. but watch out for the Titans if they get a leg up on their injury situation. Of course, I have to go on record with my Steelers as AFC champs.

Okay Dan, if your Steelers play my Titan's in the playoffs then we'll have to wager something small on that one, maybe a midiverb!!:-)

BTW, who's gonna win next Monday?? Your Steelers look a whole lot better than the Titan's right now, but we'll have to see....

TROLL . . . ish.

I think Grbac is a quality QB who needs some time to settle in to their offense. You guys are a might quick on the "bust" call there. I don't like the Ravens, don't like Modell, but when the playoffs are around the corner I believe the Ravens will be hitting their stride and will be a favorite in this topsy turvy year.

My Giants are playing some of the best defense I've seen from them. Too bad their offense offers little protection. If they had score six on one of those first half drives, it would have won the game. As my elation over the Yankees wears off a bit, I realize how cruched I would be by the Giants' last two games if the Yanks weren't there to buoy my spirits.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Originally posted by Fletch:

San Diego Chargers!!! Little Dougie all the way this year.

Unfortunately, their road goes through Oakland.

Their last years 1-15 record resulted in them having kind of a soft schedule this year. Sure, they beat Dallas and Washington with Jeff George - so what? So did everyone else. ;) They got beat by Cleveland and New England, and...let's be honest... were extremely lucky not to have lost to Buffalo yesterday. Let's see what happens when they play a really good team on November 18th. :D

Sure, they're a good team, and Marcellus Wylie and Seau are tough, and they'll be a contender....but Super Bowl material? I don't think so....

dB

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Their last years 1-15 record resulted in them having kind of a soft schedule this year. Sure, they beat Dallas and Washington with Jeff George - so what? So did everyone else. ;) They got beat by Cleveland and New England, and...let's be honest... were extremely lucky not to have lost to Buffalo yesterday. Let's see what happens when they play a really good team on November 18th. :D

dB

Let's not forget that they also beat Denver... something the Raiders, of course, will not do. :P

Originally posted by Postman:

Let's not forget that they also beat Denver... something the Raiders, of course, will not do. :P

Next Monday night, son...we shall see, shan't we?

http://www.freakygamers.com/smilies/s/otn/evil/overlord.gif

dB

Archived