Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

that's not a synthesizer...

Bobro

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hahaha, I've had lots of laughs with that page because in spanish TONTO means something like "dumb" or "silly". And it's not "tonto", it's TONTO, in capital letters, like saying "eh you *ASSHOLE*", repeated several times along with the pictures and the text http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gifhttp://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif XD XD

"Malcolm Cecil's TONTO" <--- Hohohohooooo

Sorry but I can't take seriously nothing with that name... I didn't laugh like this since AMD announced they were developing the PALOMINO processor -- but in this case I better not tell you what a "palomino" means in spanish (at least in Spain).

------------------

= blue =

= blue =

Originally posted by Magpel:

Cameron, that's awesome. Great story. Now, Reaktor is way over my head, so this thing needless is beyond even the range of my gear lust. But I really liked to demo.

A beautiful creation, isn't it? I stumbled across it googling the guys who did the sound design for Stevie Wonder. The demo sounds great, good music too, looks like the album came out on CD a couple of years ago, gotta find it.

It's great to see and hear these "labor of love" creations. Very inspiring!

-CB

I have the original vinyl recording of Tonto's Expanding Headband. Way cool and groovy sounds from a way cool and groovy time period.

[ Snicker Mode Off ]

http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

Oh yeah? That's fine for you, you're an accepted member of the entertainment community. What about me? What about Igor? Marginalized by Hollywood yet again. I want my Mummy . . .

Makes me miss the days of going to the Planetarium, sitting in the lean-back chairs and watching the laser-light "Rock Laser" show they would hold every Friday night around 11:00pm.

The Planetarium 'sky' would darken, out would come the stars, zodiacs, planets and nebula as projected by the Zeis Optics Cosmos Projector 3000. Steve, who seemed always to have the punchline to some mysterious joke playing about his face and who's jean jacket always smelled of wet cigarettes would have brought a tupperware container of "brownies" for everyone.

Sheila sat next to me and would lay her long, beautiful raven haired head on my shoulder and put her hands on my knee. She was usually asleep by the time the ARP-fueled strains of "Funereal For A Friend" would come on.

There was always at least one synth song by ELP, Alan Parsons, the Cars, a Tonto's Expanding Headband tune and then it would get weird after that. The only thing missing was the 'Heavy Metal' visuals from either the comics or the movie. Rock on, dudes.

Steve was always giggling and laughing and just enjoying the whole "Rock Laser Light" experience. Nice sound system in the old Planetarium, designed in the heady Quadraphonic days of 1971.

The very best, most powerful merging of star-dancing lasers and chills-down-spine sound was when the laser-DJ would put a copy of Virgil Fox's Bach Organ Works on and let her rip. By then we were all off on some wandering day dream involving Strider or Bilbo Baggins and the forests.

Those were the days, and I don't think I've ever been as excited about synthesizers as I was back then.

At night, late and alone, I still crank the shit out of "Funeral For A Friend"

Yeah, baby.

Oh yeah? That's fine for you, you're an accepted member of the entertainment community. What about me? What about Igor? Marginalized by Hollywood yet again. I want my Mummy . . .

. . by the way, my favorite moment in "Funeral for a Friend" is when David Henschel lets fly with the filter on the ARP 2500. Like some electric Beethovan spinning an acid dream, the raw saw waves rip around untethered to midi or any of that computer shit.

Yeah, from that moment on, I was hooked.

Looking for ~ you know, the sound, man.

Archived