Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your favorite midicable?

Pim

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those original grey Alesis MIDI cables sound so warm and present. I've done many blind tests over the years, but I've never found a better sounding substitute. Hosa MIDI cables sound brittle and thin, while Pro Co cables are clear but a little on the icy side.

I have a source for original Alesis cables if anyone is interested in upgrading. They're starting to get scarce, so grab 'em while you can. They will be worth a lot of money someday.

-jl

I find that most midi cables have a 'digital' quality to them. The best are the cv cables... all that analog warmth.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

I've been thinking that hydraulics would be the way to go for musical instrument interfaces...the rock stars could fill the Mogami I.V. tubing with single-malt scotch...I'd prefer not to think of what Marilyn Manson would use as a fluid.

-CB

Originally posted by Bobro:

the rock stars could fill the Mogami I.V. tubing with single-malt scotch...

According to most afficionados that I know, single malt is not scotch - it's single malt. Scotch is always a blend...

I'm not the expert here - just repeating what I've heard. I love trivia like that...e.g. if it isn't made in Kentucky, it ain't Bourbon...

Back on topic, I prefer the ones with the metal ends.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

To avoid latency, always use straight midicables. Every angle slows the data stream.

However, if you cool down your midicables the resistence of the material decreases and the miditiming becomes much, much better.

Now you understand why black midicables are not professional. They absorb the heat.

------------------

-- Pim --

www.dancewave.nl

:keys: My Music:thx: I always wondered what happened after the fade out?

Originally posted by synthetic:

I've heard that if you color the ends of the MIDI cable with a green sharpie they sound a little tighter. Your synths achieve better imaging and depth of field.

You talk nonsense. Green absorbs 99 % of the infra-red light present in the spectrum. Too much IR-light will invert your pitch bend and all NRPM's. Unless you use a Roland SC-55 Sound Canvas... Can anybody explain why?

------------------

-- Pim --

www.dancewave.nl

:keys: My Music:thx: I always wondered what happened after the fade out?

Archived