Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Opinions on the Bass & Drums SR-JV80-10 Card

b_3guy

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent choice for an expansion. I bought mine off of ebay for about $140. It's a really good choice for those of us who don't want to spend time with sampling, etc. . .

Also, see this thread. That discussion lead me to purchase that expansion board: http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/Forum18/HTML/000782.html

Peace

Albert

Gear: Yamaha MODX8, Mojo 61, NS2 73, C. Bechstein baby grand.

Hey, while we're talking about JV expansion cards, what are your opinions of: 1) the Techno Collections card and 2) the Orchestra card. I'm not looking for anything specific in the Techno Collections (just good stuff, you know, leads and stuff) but for the Orchestra card, I'd like to know how good their piano sounds are, and if it has a harpischord patch (I'm sick of using that silly GM harpsichord).
"Bach is ever new"-Glenn Gould

Hey B3 guy---

I also use the Bass & Drums board. It is truly excellent, especially when you have to cover left hand bass parts.

I would definately reccomend it.

Tom

------------------

Tom

Nord Electro 5D, Modal Cobalt 8, Yamaha upright piano, numerous plug-ins...

Originally posted by Striker1080:

Hey, while we're talking about JV expansion cards, what are your opinions of: 1) the Techno Collections card and 2) the Orchestra card. I'm not looking for anything specific in the Techno Collections (just good stuff, you know, leads and stuff) but for the Orchestra card, I'd like to know how good their piano sounds are, and if it has a harpischord patch (I'm sick of using that silly GM harpsichord).

I've never tried the techno card.

It's been a while since I played the Orchestra card, but I remember thinking that it was certainly one of the better 8 MB orchestra sets that I've heard.

I don't recall if it has a piano (I don't think it does); but if so, it'd probably be pretty small and not what you'd want the board for. I'm figuring the same sentiment would apply to the harpsichord - they've probably got a decent one on some other expansion board.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Hi B_3;

before committing to the Bass & Drums card, you may want to check the thread titled "Please help a non-keyboard guy on JV-2080 sounds", started by El Biciclista. It's on page 2 right now, and it contains quite a few criticism on the card, including some from myself... http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

Archived