Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Yamaha S80 manual

Arellini

Hey guys!

This message is for all Yamaha S80 owners. I own one, but I find the manual too hard to understand sometimes. Could you please help me with this? Maybe there's another way around this, or maybe a website that's useful. Thanx for your time and expertise. Great forum!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know Pete about the manual being horrible. Have you ever tried to decipher a Roland Manual. Now that's pretty horrible. Compared to my Roland Xp manual, the S80 manual is a breeze!!

Peace

Albert

Gear: Yamaha MODX8, Mojo 61, NS2 73, C. Bechstein baby grand.

I suppose it's all relative. The only Roland I ever had had was a JX-3P a long time back. The manual was great, but then again, synths were not as complicated as they are these days it seems. The only other manual I've used was for a Korg X5. It wasn't great but the S80 manual frustrates me. If there's something I want to figure out how to do, I can't find where it is in the manual. And...it often tells you what you can do, but not how to do it! Like, you can overwrite the INT bank sounds, but they can be reset back to defaults. That's great, but how do you set back to defaults? I've learned the most about the S80 from the documents and discussion on www.yamahas80.com.

-Pete

Archived