Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

MOTU MTP AV (USB) problems!!!

Imagine

I'd appreciate any suggestions concerning this problem.

My MTP AV (USB Version) In and OUT lights flicker, even when I'm not playing anything. When I'm out of Digital Performer 3.0, the light flicker. The interesting thing is when I'm recording via DP3, whatever module I'm recording to, the MTP In and OUT of the specific module will flicker. Even the modules midi message flickers.

Does anyone know an answer to this situation?

I'm running DP3 via a Mac G4/500.

Thanks a million.

Imagine

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of synths generate "active sensing" which causes rapid periodic MIDI traffic. Trying turning off your synths and see if it goes away. Some synths allow you to turn it off. My Triton, XV-88 and Yamaha VL-1 all generate active sensing. The MTP AV can also be set to send out active sensing on it's own. To turn this on/off go into FreeMidi Setup>File>FreeMIDI Preferences. You can also use the ClockWorks program to mute active sensing on any/all channels. As I understand it, active sensing is a "keep alive heartbeat" signal that's relatively harmless.

If it turns out not to be active sensing, it could be a controller that's emitting random messages. I have a Roland foot pedal attached to my Triton that will send out MIDI data if it's not completely pressed down. Troubleshoot by finding the device that's creating the MIDI data, then find out which controller is sending it.

Busch

Busch,

Thanks for your suggestions. I did try deactivating sensing, but that wasn't it. I have a feeling it's my controller. I have a Kurzweil PC-88. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem within the PC-88?

I record via DP3 again, and I'm still get 0-1-2.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

Imagine

What continuous controller number is generating to 0-1-2 values? Is it cc1?

If so, your mod wheel may be messed up. It may be fluctuating slightly, and generating values as if you're just barely touching it all of the time. I've seen that before in a few synths.

Just a guess,

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

I have a PC88 and it doesn't have active sensing. There shouldn't be any activity if you're doing anything with the controller. As a matter of fact, the pc88 is the only one of my controllers/synths which hasn't given me trouble.

Does it stop if you hit the panic button?

I've had the problem with the mod wheel in my qs6 a few times. Never bothered to fix since it only seems to happen about every 3-4 months. My Cs6x does some weird stuff from time to time too.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Dave,

The number that's continuously showing is #1 (mod wheel). You may be right. IS there something I can do within the PC88 to change that? Thanks.

Rod,

It won't stop, even if I press the Panic button. I've never had that problem with my PC88 before. It started a few days ago, and whatever I do, I can't sop it from showing controller #1 (0-1-2). Should I turn the Active Sensing Off?

Thanks.

Originally posted by Imagine:

The number that's continuously showing is #1 (mod wheel). You may be right. IS there something I can do within the PC88 to change that? Thanks.

1) Get your PC88 repaired

2) Filter out cc1 events in DP

3) If the PC88 allows, disable the wheel until you need it.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Its likely that the Modwheel needs to be recalibrated by a service center. You can disable the Modwheel - Hold down the CONTROLLERS button and move the modwheel, then set to to a value of 0=NONE.

------------------

Mike Martin

Kurzweil Music Systems

http://www.kurzweilconneciton.com

KeySolutions Sample Libraries

http://members.aol.com/keysolutns

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Archived